Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Social Media

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Social Media

I only have a FB account, but I am overwhelmed by all of the spam videos. Most of my friends don’t post and when they do it’s political which I don’t enjoy. I took Facebook off my phone today. I figure I’ll save hours online and can spam over here

Kris

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
    ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

I feel like I should delete FB and I'd be so much more productive, but... I like keeping up with everybody too. 🤷*♀️

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    Allison - professor; wife to a urology attending; mom to baby girl E (11/13), baby boy C (2/16), and a spoiled cat; knitter and hoarder of yarn; photographer

Comment

Our school uses Facebook so much for parent communication that it would be impossible for me to get rid of it. Just about every class (parent groups), sport, or club my kids do has its own Facebook Group now.

Comment

I'm a user of Fake Gook myself and OMG I need to quit. In the future, I swear sociologist will point to social media as the downfall of civilization. There is a part of me that has been kicking around being brutally honest on FB but it will never happen.
        In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

I took FB off my phone. and now I can’t log back in. I’m leaving it off. It was really weird not having it for a while. What else do people do in the bathroom??
          -Ladybug

Comment

Originally posted by Ladybug View Post
            I took FB off my phone. and now I can’t log back in. I’m leaving it off. It was really weird not having it for a while. What else do people do in the bathroom??

Instagram 🤣 I very very rarely post anything on fake book. But I love Instagram bc it’s more private. And I don’t use my real name. Which I also love.

~shacked up with an ob/gyn~

Comment

I use FB too much. It’s kind of a keeper of photos for me. 😬 I follow bloggers and, etc so I use to get recipe ideas.

Needs

Comment

Social Media

I love facebook. And at the end of every year, I have a “social book” printed. It becomes an album of my family’s adventures during the year past, all of the funny things the kids say, and my observations. I have traditional photo albums too but I think my FB feed will give my kids more insight than just pictures would. I’m also pretty honest on FB. As my kids have gotten older, I don’t post as much about their challenges but I’m also careful not to brag (too much) about their accomplishments. It’s more of a day-to-day, remember how much fun we had going to the zoo, type of stuff.

And the memories that pop up....it’s so cool when I see a post from 7 years ago, when my Aspie then 2yo was taking about building a robot army to raise his children, when my overly-sensitive class president middle child was exceedingly compassionate, or my super outspoken, competitive, and athletic daughter was doing something I thought a toddler wasn’t physically capable of doing and having that “oh yeah” moment when I realize how so formed my kids’ personalities were from the time they were babies.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
                Last edited by MrsK; 10-13-2019, 12:46 PM.
                Wife and #1 Fan of Attending Adult & Geriatric Psychiatrist.

Comment

I also use it to connect with the other parents at the kids’ school and old friends I left behind when I moved to the Midwest. I’d never be able to remember the faces of all the school parents or whose child goes with whom if I didn’t see them all the time on FB right there with their name. I’m really bad at names and faces.

Comment

I had to re-add FB because my Melk group added pictures of Aidan. I guess I just don’t know what about to say on FB anymore. My kids are older and won’t allow me to post pics. I have little to share.

Kris

Comment

Originally posted by PrincessFiona View Post
                      I had to re-add FB because my Melk group added pictures of Aidan. I guess I just don’t know what about to say on FB anymore. My kids are older and won’t allow me to post pics. I have little to share.

Kris

Yes, I’ve had that thought too. It goes back to that “limbo” discussion. We need to find our own voice.

Comment

Originally posted by MrsK View Post
                        Yes, I’ve had that thought too. It goes back to that “limbo” discussion. We need to find our own voice.

I agree. I just have to figure that out! I miss talking to you btw.

Comment

Originally posted by PrincessFiona View Post
                          I agree. I just have to figure that out! I miss talking to you btw.

It’s been a very long time. However, TBH, I haven’t talked much to anybody since mom’s accident. My time is so tied up and I’m so overwrought.

Comment

I can only imagine how difficult things are for you. You are definitely in my thoughts.

Kris

Comment

Working...
                            X