Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

How have smart phones affected you negatively?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How have smart phones affected you negatively?

I’m trying to spend less time on my smart phone. I feel like it has affected my ability to pay attention to conversations, radio, and reading. It is difficult to tear my way away from text messages and FB messages. I got rid of FB but had to readd because pictures of Aidan were posted. My phone is like an appendage. How do you manage to limit yourself?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
    ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

My ability to read a deep level has significantly decreased. I try to be good about no phone in the car but sometimes even looking at Google maps are scary.

I love/hate Facebook and social media.

phones make us lazy, dumb, and depressed.

Adolescence with phones is awful....

Yet I'm addicted. I fully admit it.
    In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

How have smart phones affected you negatively?

I feel like you. I wish we could even do a non-internet/phone day but it isn’t realistic. I’m going to make some limits on Zoe’s time and sign her up for swimming, etc. As for me. I don’t know how to fight the addiction.

~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
      ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

I saw an interview and book about a family that’s shut down electronics one day a week. It was based on Her Jewish roots. They’ve don’t it for a decade and love that day. I’m thinking about doing it. There’s gonna be a lot of push back, right now I’m just trying to do a family dinner each night. DH never liked family dinners after work. I’m trying to restart it and there’s no electronics. A lot of stories come out.

Tonight is the one night we’re all home. Doing a make your own pizza night with a dessert pizza too. No electronics unless it’s just a funny video to show everyone. That’s the most I can do in the electronic war right now. It is a war against IRL.
        -Ladybug

Comment

I literally started it by once a week. Usually over the weekend cause the girls are not in school and when hubby is home. It’s been amazing having that day to ourselves. You get use to it.

wife to PGY1 GS and two little girls, and 1 annoying dog

Comment

Working...
          X