Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Shoes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shoes

Do you have a favorite shoe brand? I just got a pair of Vibrams by Dansko and they are super comfortable on my arthritic feet! Anything else worth checking out?

Kris

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
    ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

I like Vionic, Abeo (at The Walking Company), and Born shoes.

Wife of an OB/Gyn, mom to three boys, middle school choir teacher.

"I don't know when Dad will be home."

Comment

Sketches for comfy

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
      Wife and #1 Fan of Attending Adult & Geriatric Psychiatrist.

Comment

Vionics are my favorite for comfy and stylish! I really like my Rothy's too, but they don't have much support.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
        Allison - professor; wife to a urology attending; mom to baby girl E (11/13), baby boy C (2/16), and a spoiled cat; knitter and hoarder of yarn; photographer

Comment

Following. I retire my running shoes after 250 miles and use them for walking. But I took a break from running so I wasn't buying new shoes to rotate in, I just kept walking in the old ones! So right now I'm walking in shoes that are so worn that there are holes that show my socks. >.< I liked the Keen maryjanes I used to have (wore right through the sole of those and never replaced them). I thought they were cute and versatile and they were pretty comfy.
          Alison

Comment

I’m going to have to research these. Any good walking shoe suggestion that supports the arch?

Comment

Vionics would do both. I got the Alaina style for walking, but I also have some in the Avery style and can walk around them all day.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
              Allison - professor; wife to a urology attending; mom to baby girl E (11/13), baby boy C (2/16), and a spoiled cat; knitter and hoarder of yarn; photographer

Comment

Abeo shoes have the arch support I need for days that I work, when I stand pretty much the whole day. For athletic-type walking shoes, I went to a specialized running store and asked for a recommendation, and those worked well. They were Saucony brand.

Wife of an OB/Gyn, mom to three boys, middle school choir teacher.

"I don't know when Dad will be home."

Comment

I’ll have to check into these brands. I have a difficult time walking comfortably.

Kris

Comment

I'm going on vacation to NOLA a week from Friday and realized that I can't really wear my good running shoes everywhere, my dog chewed my Toms and anyway they don't have the support for the amount of walking we're doing, and I don't care enough about fashion to sacrifice comfort by wearing my dressy-ish flats anywhere. So I just placed a Zappos order for some Skechers slip-on sneakers and some Clarks maryjanes. Fingers crossed that everything fits and nothing needs breaking in!
                    Alison

Comment

So far the Skechers are GREAT. I'm outing myself, but I feel SO FANCY wearing comfy shoes that aren't actual running shoes. I like the Clarks too, but they are slightly less comfy -- I wore them for most of a day running around, and got some odd sore muscles along with a blister. But I'll give them a break-in period because they're cute and supportive with a cushiony sole. <3
                      Alison

Comment

Working...
                      X