Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Boredom

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boredom

What are you guys doing to keep busy?

I’m taking biostatistics through edx and am relearning chemistry using one of my textbooks. I’ve also been learning about covid and reading as much as I can about it. I’m also scrapbooking.

How about you?

Kris

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
    ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Eating. 🤣😫

~shacked up with an ob/gyn~

Comment

having an almost 6 year old and 10 month old doesn't give me time to get bored. Im actually quite thankful for it no matter how much I complain about it.
      -L.Jane

Wife to a wonderful General Surgeon
      Mom to a sweet but stubborn boy born April 2014
      Rock Chalk Jayhawk GO KU!!!

Comment

Originally posted by L.Jane View Post
        having an almost 6 year old and 10 month old doesn't give me time to get bored. Im actually quite thankful for it no matter how much I complain about it.
        Same but 6, 8, and 10. As long as I’m busy keeping them busy, I’m good. And I’m fielding calls, emails, and zoom conferences with the school. IDK how the school could expect anyone to keep up while working. Once the kids go to bed, I start feeling anxious.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
        Wife and #1 Fan of Attending Adult & Geriatric Psychiatrist.

Comment

Same. I live for bedtime now. It's just as crazy as life before, but with fewer outlets and more work.
          Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

I have to qualify my answer a little as I realize I made it sound like I’m rocking this. I’ve been in my pajamas for four days, today I read 2 pages of chemistry and Misty ripped them out of my book. I read the biostatistics for 10 minutes, got up and made lunch and decided to postpone it until tomorrow. I got crazy with my son’s school and the Austrian and American program directors and all but threatened their jobs and to sue the school.... yah it’s going just great.

~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
            ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

Mostly eating and playing on my computer. I've advanced more in my video game than I had in months. So yeah, I'm being super mature about it lol. At least my kids are completing their school assignments, but that's about the extent of my productivity. I generally clean my house because I don't want guests to see how messy it is, but with no visitors... We're descending into chaos here!
              Laurie
              My team: DH (anesthesiologist), DS (9), DD (8)

Comment

I was really hoping to get back more into my fiber arts but the draw of Facebook arguments is too great. I'm getting a good amount of housecleaning done though. And the Facebook arguments are getting so stupid and blood-pressure-inflating that I finally realized I need to walk away, so I did get a knitting project started and it's very soothing. And I'm most of the way through a 750 piece puzzle. And I got some good work done in the garden yesterday!
                Alison

Comment

I’m cooking and online shopping. I have so much organizing to do, but am lacking the motivation.

Comment

Originally posted by spotty_dog View Post
                    I was really hoping to get back more into my fiber arts but the draw of Facebook arguments is too great. I'm getting a good amount of housecleaning done though. And the Facebook arguments are getting so stupid and blood-pressure-inflating that I finally realized I need to walk away, so I did get a knitting project started and it's very soothing. And I'm most of the way through a 750 piece puzzle. And I got some good work done in the garden yesterday!
                    What are you knitting? I'm a fellow knitter. I just finished a baby sweater that I'd been working on for an embarrassing amount of time. It actually is designed to be a teaching pattern from the book Knitting in Plain English. So it is not meant for a baby to wear. I also have a knitting machine. I have had a sweater on it for myself also for an embarrasing amount of time. Yesterday I finished the ribbing for the front, so now I can bind it off of the machine now and move on to the neck band. I also find knitting to be soothing. Hand or machine. My problem is that I'm out of yarn, so I hope I can get out and buy more when I finish my sweater.

Any more fiber artists out there?
                    token iMSN "not a medical spouse"

Comment

Originally posted by Bluejay View Post
                      What are you knitting? I'm a fellow knitter. I just finished a baby sweater that I'd been working on for an embarrassing amount of time. It actually is designed to be a teaching pattern from the book Knitting in Plain English. So it is not meant for a baby to wear. I also have a knitting machine. I have had a sweater on it for myself also for an embarrasing amount of time. Yesterday I finished the ribbing for the front, so now I can bind it off of the machine now and move on to the neck band. I also find knitting to be soothing. Hand or machine. My problem is that I'm out of yarn, so I hope I can get out and buy more when I finish my sweater.

Any more fiber artists out there?
                      I taught myself to knit in 1998 with Knitting in Plain English! My knitting has really fizzled and flopped over the last 8 years or so though. I haven't completed a project bigger than a pair of socks in 4 years. So I'm starting small: I am working on a teapot cozy! My kids (to whom I've promised all kinds of sweaters and things over the years but not finished them) say, "The nice thing about a tea pot is it doesn't change size over time." I'm actually nearly done with the cozy though, I think I'll be done today. It's made from yarn I spun in 2011.

Out of yarn? Perish the thought! Your local yarn shop might have a pickup or delivery option.

We have a couple other knitters around -- we used to have an iMSN group on Ravelry.
                      Alison

Comment

Originally posted by spotty_dog View Post
                        I taught myself to knit in 1998 with Knitting in Plain English! My knitting has really fizzled and flopped over the last 8 years or so though. I haven't completed a project bigger than a pair of socks in 4 years. So I'm starting small: I am working on a teapot cozy! My kids (to whom I've promised all kinds of sweaters and things over the years but not finished them) say, "The nice thing about a tea pot is it doesn't change size over time." I'm actually nearly done with the cozy though, I think I'll be done today. It's made from yarn I spun in 2011.

Out of yarn? Perish the thought! Your local yarn shop might have a pickup or delivery option.

We have a couple other knitters around -- we used to have an iMSN group on Ravelry.
                        That's too funny that we both picked up Knitting in Plain English. Have you tried Sweater Design in Plain English by the same author? The idea is that there are 10 or 11 incremental patterns that gradually teach you principles, and at the end you should be able to design your own. I tried it and knitted maybe the first 3 or 4 sweaters, but then I got divorced and had to downsize my stuff....

Also, [MENTION=985]spotty_dog[/MENTION] around the time of my divorce I was also working on my Level one certification with the Knitting Guild Association. Were you the one who was working on that too? Did you ever finish? I had a fair number of my swatches completed, but finishing it fell victim to my divorce too.
                        Last edited by Bluejay; 04-06-2020, 07:18 PM.
                        token iMSN "not a medical spouse"

Comment

Originally posted by Bluejay View Post
                          That's too funny that we both picked up Knitting in Plain English. Have you tried Sweater Design in Plain English by the same author? The idea is that there are 10 or 11 incremental patterns that gradually teach you principles, and at the end you should be able to design your own. I tried it and knitted maybe the first 3 or 4 sweaters, but then I got divorced and had to downsize my stuff....

Also, [MENTION=985]spotty_dog[/MENTION] around the time of my divorce I was also working on my Level one certification with the Knitting Guild Association. Were you the one who was working on that too? Did you ever finish? I had a fair number of my swatches completed, but finishing it fell victim to my divorce too.
                          Yep. I don't think I ever did more than a handful of my swatches, though I think I wrote most of my essay. I've restarted it enough times now that I think I'm just going to ditch it. But...it never expires, you just have to re-u your TKGA membership, so if you want to work on it you should! I'll cheer you on.

I haven't looked more than a glance at Maggie's Sweater Design. I do like Knitting in the Old Way by Priscilla Gibson-Roberts, and of course Knitting Without Tears by Elizabeth Zimmerman. Oh, and Knitting from the Top Down by Barbara Walker. Lots of sweater "recipes" for really getting to know how they're made and put one together yourself! (That said, although I did make my husband an EZ sweater and am working on one for myself, I don't actually do that well with the open-endedness of design, LOL. I overthink it forever and never get started. )
                          Alison

Comment

Boredom

I think I might actually be busier now that I can’t leave the house that I was before. I am so busy keeping my kids busy that I barely have time to shower. Today, we did math and writing worksheets, reading, science experiments, shrinky dinks, assembled a picnic table, made pizzas, made birthday/get well cards for friends and family, watched a baby eagle cam, emailed with at least 4 teachers, called gramma, and did CrossFit.

Tomorrow starts the Jewish holiday Passover and even though I’m phoning it in, going to a zoom seder hosted by my SIL, I feel obligated to cook a special meal because my kids are looking forward to it. They keep telling me how excited they are for certain dishes and certain rituals - and Passover has so many rituals and dishes. It’s hard to get some of the ingredients now when I’m having groceries delivered infrequently. I looked up “kosher passover” when I was ordering groceries for this week and the first item that came up was BACON FLAVORED RITZ CRACKERS (quite possibly the least Passover appropriate food imaginable). I suppose I should be grateful that the kids enjoy the holiday and they are knowledgeable but it’s hard to make the effort, you know? I’m sure that others are experiencing the same thing with Easter, right?

My SIL has all kinds of plans for her seder; she always has big ideas and makes everything overly-complicated. Then she’s offended when I don’t want to do all the work required to execute her plan or play the role that she’s asking me to play. She keeps asking me to do things like sending her photographs all the Passover crafts my kids have ever made. She has 1 school aged child (2nd grade) so, maybe 4 years worth of crafts? I have at least 7 years worth of crafts from the 1st child, 5 from the second, and 3 from the third — so, do the math and you get 15 years worth of Sunday school crafts. I finally told her that I wasn’t taking any of my stuff out of storage this year. She probably thinks I’m a bitch because I’m always “too busy” for her.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
                            Last edited by MrsK; 04-07-2020, 07:27 PM.
                            Wife and #1 Fan of Attending Adult & Geriatric Psychiatrist.

Comment

I'm shopping [MENTION=1725]bokelley[/MENTION]'s house now
                              Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

Working...
                              X