Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

I'm back...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm back...

Hi gang, sorry for being so ridiculously quiet lately. We have successfully made the trek from California to Minnesota. We moved into our new house on June 1st, I started my new job on June 14th, and DH started at the Mayo on June 21st. We also have made two trips back to California for his graduation and a friends wedding and at least two trips to KS for family functions. Its nice to be closer, but I sometimes think we're too close (a 6 hour drive)! So far DH loves Mayo. His first rotation is three months of Neurology and I figured he would be bored out of his mind but b/c of the way Mayo's Neurology and Neurosurgery are linked he's learning a lot. We attended the dinner for graduating residents, it was a great way to meet the older residents and their families. Mayo also announced a new chair of the department and seems to be a concensus choice so everyone is happy. This Saturday is the first function for the spouse group here so it will be a great way to meet people and get involved. I hope that you are all doing well and that your new years are starting off on the right foot!
    Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Congratulations and welcome back. I'm glad things are moving along for you. How is your job? What are you doing? Keep us posted.
    Luanne
    Luanne
    wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

Welcome back, Cheri!

How do you like Minnesota?

Comment

Welcome, neighbor! I'm an hour and a half up the road if you need anything. (Although I've never been to Rochester.)

I hope that it is smooth sailing from here on out for you all.

KellY
        In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

Welcome back and I'm glad everything is going so well during this huge transition! Keep us informed on how things are going when/if you get a chance in the future!
          Flynn

Wife to post training CT surgeon; mother of three kids ages 17, 15, and 11.

“It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.” —Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets " Albus Dumbledore

Comment

Hey, a good friend of ours is a Hospitalist at Mayo.

Enjoy the new house and good luck with the new job and new year at Mayo!

Comment

Thanks for all the good wishes everyone! My job...I am the new marketing manager at the local mall. So I work for the company that owns the mall (and about 170 others) doing everything to bring people into the mall, from public relations and advertising to special events. Its a lot of fun so far, I think I'm really going to like it.

We like Minnesota, it is good to be back in the midwest. Rochester has a lot to offer and its not too crammed together. Plus if there is something that it doesn't have the cities aren't too far.

Our next change is to get a puppy or two!
              Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

Welcome back Cheri! Your job sounds like a lot of fun.
                ~Jane

-Wife of urology attending.
                -SAHM to three great kiddos (2 boys, 1 girl!)

Comment

Working...
                X