Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

when it rains it pours

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• when it rains it pours

So as I posted before, I was really stressed out about moving from Chicago to LA but now that the least of my worries... I went for a regular check up yesterday and my doctor found a large mass on my pelvic area. The ultrasound this morning found that I have a large cyst growing by my left ovary. It is benign thank god but I was so freaked out. My doctor says I should have surgery to get it removed as soon as possible. My husband is actually doing his sub I in the same hopital that I'll have surgery so that is somewhat comforting. I've never been hospitalized for anything before so I'm a bit scared.

The most stress came from the fact that I had quit my job and I didn't think that I had insurance. I recently found out that I do have the cobra option at my work. My apartment has been rented out so I have to move out by September 1st. I'm not sure how I'm going to be able to do that while recovering from a surgery. Yikes!

My goodness! You will definitely be in my thoughts! I am glad it is benign and hopefully your surgery and recovery will be uneventful. Keep us posted and take care.

Sally
    Wife of an OB/Gyn, mom to three boys, middle school choir teacher.

"I don't know when Dad will be home."

Comment

Yikes! I'm so sorry that you have to go through surgery to have the mass removed, but I am glad that it is benign. I've never had surgery or been hospitalized before either, so I understand your fears. It sounds like you're handling it as well as can be expected, you'll be in my thoughts.
      ~Jane

-Wife of urology attending.
      -SAHM to three great kiddos (2 boys, 1 girl!)

Comment

Cherry,

Sorry to hear about your news. Best wishes for the procedure, the recovery period, and your move.

Comment

Best wishes, I'll be thinking about you.
          Luanne
          Luanne
          wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

I'm so sorry to hear, that is never fun with having the addtional stress of moving. Take care of you!!

Comment

Cherry -
              I'm sorry to hear about your cyst, thank goodness it is benign! You'll be in my thoughts. Good luck with the surgery and the move.

Comment

Thank you all for your kind replies. I just met with the Gyno/Oncology doctor today and he was able to schedule my surgery for next week. Aparently, the cyst is very large (22 centimeters 8O ).and I will have to get an exploratory laparotomy, so it will be a major cut, and my recovery time will take a while. My parents are flying in next week so that will help. DH is also doing a rotation at the same hospital so he can keep check.
                Unfortunately that will put my whole job search on hold I won't be able to move till mid September. A good friend of mine will take me in for a couple of weeks while DH goes to Oregon. I am hoping that the recovery will go okay. I am trying to be brave but I am terrified! Have any of you had to go through a similar recovery time?

Comment

Cherry,

Good luck with the procedure; you'll be in my thoughts!!

Comment

Working...
                  X