Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Q3 & Q4, explain?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Q3 & Q4, explain?

can someone help me understand this? What does the Q stand for?
    Is there a dictionary with all acronyms out there?? I know IT has one..

I don't know what the Q stands for, but the number following it refers to how often someone is on call.....Q4 means every fourth night.

If anyone knows what the Q stands for, I would love to finally know! I have wondered about it off and on for years now.

Sally
    Wife of an OB/Gyn, mom to three boys, middle school choir teacher.

"I don't know when Dad will be home."

Comment

THANK YOU!

Sally
      Wife of an OB/Gyn, mom to three boys, middle school choir teacher.

"I don't know when Dad will be home."

Comment

Unfortunately, the medical field is rife with latin crap that we all end up using-

for example- "honey, give the dog his meds po qhs" - a note left BY ME for my husband- translation, give the dog his meds by mouth at bedtime.

another example from my former job, "we need prn staff" - prn= as needed- aka, relief staff.

I actually had to know at one time what this crap meant, but now I just know the abbreviations.

The one that annoys me the most is "emergent" as in, an emergency. "The situation is emergent". NO, IT'S AN EMERGENCY- emergent to me means "the large snakelike animal was discovered emergent; he was next to the hole he crawled from."

Jenn

Comment

Originally posted by jloreine
          The one that annoys me the most is "emergent" as in, an emergency. "The situation is emergent".

This drives me insane too. At first I tried arguing with my husband about the exact definition of the word "emergent," but apparently everyone he works with uses it in the same context (i.e., describing a situation that is an emergency) so he continues to do it. I've learned to ignore it now, but it used to really bother me!
          ~Jane

-Wife of urology attending.
          -SAHM to three great kiddos (2 boys, 1 girl!)

Comment

You guys made me today

Comment

Originally posted by jloreine
              "the large snakelike animal was discovered emergent; he was next to the hole he crawled from."
              that cracks me up!

Comment

Working...
              X