Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Help anyone! (clothing question)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

dh just told me that he thinks it is important to shine his shoes between his interviews.. I don't know much about shining shoes, anyone?[quote

I'm no expert, but if his shoes are shined (or new) before his first interview, and the interviews are held fairly close together, barring something unexpected, I doubt he'll need to shine his shoes between each and every interview. As far as having the materials on hand, any shoe store should sell a shoe shine kit and directions will be included in the kit (just get the right color of polish to go with the kit). If the need arises during travel, almost every airport in the U.S. should have a shoe-shine stand where he can have them shined for a small sum. Likewise, some hotels will offer that service as well (generally, the more expensive ones).

Good luck. P.S. Whatever shoe color he chooses, make sure his dress belt is the same color.

Comment

You may want to consider getting the shirts done also if he's a dainty fellow- It will prevent a huge billowing shirt ballooning from his pants.

Jenn

As for the shoe shining thing- again, I'm dealing with a formerly enlisted person, his shoes gleam and I'm not allowed to iron his stuff because I "don't do it right" (OK!!!)

Comment

I just read in my husband's Men's Health magazine that with a blue suit, a man should wear either caramel or chocolate brown shoes and should not mix black and blue. My husband's interview suit was a really dark greyish blue...almost charcoal color....so he just wore black shoes with it and I think it looked fine. Even if brown shoes looked better, I would never be able to get my conservative (and not so fashionable) husband to wear brown shoes!

I would say if you are on a budget, buy one suit and 2-3 shirts and ties. My husband had a white shirt and also a very pale blue shirt. Just the difference in shirt colors made it look like he was wearing a completely different suit. The blue shirt made his suit look more blue and the white made it look more black/charcoal.

As for ties, they can be expensive, but you can often times find them on sale for 50% off at Kohl's, Macy's, etc...

Also, if the interview is out of town, your husband should bring along a couple of business casual outfits just in case. The interview for my husband's attending position lasted for 3 days and on each day, we would have breakfast, lunch, and dinner with the different partners of the group and their spouses. For breakfast & lunch, my husband would be business casual and, for dinner, he would wear a suit.

Good luck! Interviewing is such an exciting time!!

Erica

Comment

Working...
        X