Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

graduation gifts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• graduation gifts

I've heard it is typical to buy a SO a gift when they are done. Has anyone done this? Is it supposed to be a pricey gift, a memoir, a book? Dh already has a good stetho with engravement so that idea is gone. Anyway I'm in need of an idea.

Before he graduated (but it was 4th year), I gave my then boyfriend a class ring from his medical school. He loves it and wears it often. For graduation, I had all of his diplomas framed- MD, BS, AA (he has 2!!) and even his high school diploma. I had mine done when I got my Master's degree. (and I hang the HS diploma next to the MS because I figure 1) it took a LOT longer to get and 2) I learned a LOT more getting it!)

Jenn

Comment

I also did the frame-diploma-thing for both our undergrad diplomas, his MD, and my MBA. They look great hanging together in our study!
      ~Jane

-Wife of urology attending.
      -SAHM to three great kiddos (2 boys, 1 girl!)

Comment

I got my BF tickets to a baseball game.

Comment

Today I don't think I will get him anything, the crab .. actually maybe a gift bag with a dishtowel, garbage bag, diapers and some laundry detergent, oh and of course he can't graduate without a mop!
          You crack me up!!!!

Comment

Sounds like a dress watch might kill two birds with one stone here.
            Married to a hematopathologist seven years out of training.
            Raising three girls, 11, 9, and 2.

“That was the thing about the world: it wasn't that things were harder than you thought they were going to be, it was that they were hard in ways that you didn't expect.”
            Lev Grossman, The Magician King

Comment

I actually thought of that but OMG he is so picky and I hate returning gifts. But would that be tacky to get it before he graduates so he has it for his interviews?

Comment

I wouldn't think so, but we're pretty loose with the gift-giving protocol when it's just between the two of us. Do you think getting it early would diminish his enjoyment of it, or would he not care?
                Married to a hematopathologist seven years out of training.
                Raising three girls, 11, 9, and 2.

“That was the thing about the world: it wasn't that things were harder than you thought they were going to be, it was that they were hard in ways that you didn't expect.”
                Lev Grossman, The Magician King

Comment

I don't know, for once I actually think he would appreciate it.. I really am starting to like the idea of a watch.. maybe to make it more special (and graduation like) I could get it engrave. What do you think?

Comment

That sounds like a very nice idea. And he'd probably appreciate being able to use it, even if that means getting it early.

Comment

Working...
                    X