Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

asn41again and anyone else waiting for interviews

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• asn41again and anyone else waiting for interviews

Hi, I just read that your dh has two interviews already! Congrats! Are you going with him to the interviews? I am not, sniff sniff. I sit and groan and moan in the coach while he makes plane and hotel reservations.

Do you have a favorite place you would like to go to? We have two or three and we have only heard from one of them so everyday we check dh's mail every 5 minutes saying Anyway it has been a quiet week so far. From my point of view I can't visit realtor.com if dh doesn't get an interview and I like to visit there. So I'm hoping we get an invitation this week.

Keeping my fingers crossed for everyone waiting for interviews..

No, I won't be going to his interviews, since I have a FT job and also our 15-month-old keeps me on my toes here at home. He's doing an away rotation for a month, starting this weekend, and I have a trip planned to visit for our 5th anniversary and also going to FL for a weekend to visit an old friend, both trips with our son. That's enough airplane time with him for me!!!

Of the 43 programs he applied to, there are about 30 (?) possible locations. Of those ~30, there are a handful where I would LOVE to live, and a handful that I am dreading the possibility. Then a bunch where I am pretty indifferent. We live in an area now with a high cost of living (DC metro area) and I can't imagine moving somewhere with an even higher level (say, San Fran). I'm also a little leery of places that are REALLY rural and/or in the boonies. So we'll see!!!!!

Comment

I'm also a little leery of places that are REALLY rural and/or in the boonies. So we'll see!!!!!

I'm just the opposite, I'm leery of big cities. We got an interview in Iowa so I'm going imaginary house shopping today.. woo hoo!

Just curious what are the top 5 most expensive cities in the US to live in. NYC must be #1, I know it is or if not one of the top $$$ cities in the world. Where do DC and San Fran. rank?

Comment

ps: a month long away rotation,that is a long time (like I have to tell you). Is it far? 5 years congrats!

Comment

I'm not sure of the exact ranking of costs of living for cities, but I am sure it can be Googled :P I know San Fran is up there, maybe even #2 after NY? Other really expensive cities are San Diego, Boston, and Chicago. And L.A. of course.

His away rotation is in WI, and he'll be staying with my parents (it's where I grew up) which should make it all the more interesting, hee hee. Staying with the in-laws.

Comment

Your kidding.. I'm born and raised in the northwoods of Wisconsin. My dh will be spending lots of quality time with my family during his interviews.. haha

Comment

Working...
            X