Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

tell me about your vacuum.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tell me about your vacuum.

What kind is it? How does it rate?

1. I love that smiley.

2. I love my vacuum. I have a simplicity infinity canister vac. After going through several Target vacuums (we're hard on vacuums apparently) we decided to invest a little more money in a good one. This was fairly 'spendy', but was definitely worth the investment.

http://www.simplicityvac.com/products/c ... full-size/

~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
    ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

We have a 1960's model Kirby......are there others?!

Comment

I have a Fantom Lightning(bagless canister vac with HEPA filtration and all that good stuff). I LOVE it!!!! Unfortunately, the company went out of business. Let me tell you...those parts are EXPENSIVE now!

My housecleaners love my vacuum too...and went out in search of one. (they should have asked first!) Obviously all they could find were reconditioned ones. They started researching and decided on Dyson. I had never heard of it but read up on it, and that is my next one. It is awesome! They gave me a try out with theirs and it is so cool. (never thought I'd be one to get excited about vacuums! )

Like Kris said, it's definitely worth it to spend extra. Heck, look at Matt. Those Kirbys are a fortune but they last forever!!!!

Comment

We have an ORECK. I like it b/c it seems to clean well, and it's very light. Kate can even vacuum it really easily. We had a Hoover self-propelled monster before, and it was soo heavy, plus the self-propelled system broke within 3 years, and we didn't even have carpets (we used it to vacuum rugs). We got the ORECk b/c we have a townhouse and it's light enough to carry up those stairs easily. We've only had it 1 year, so I can't speak to its durability, but I know that my mom has 2 Orecks that she's had for over 20 years each and they still work... I kind of like the commercials for the Dyson vacuum, though.
          Peggy

Aloha from paradise! And the other side of training!

Comment

oh man that is a lot of choices already.

Comment

We have a Kenmore (Sears brand) that I really like. It picks up everything, but it's probably a bit heavy, relatively speaking. It's lasted me about 5 years now and still going strong!
              ~Jane

-Wife of urology attending.
              -SAHM to three great kiddos (2 boys, 1 girl!)

Comment

When we first got married my mil gave us her old Panasonic upright (I supose it was nearing 15 years old by then). It was loud but it picked up perfectly. After using it for a few years I decided I wanted something new and shiny. Those red Dirt Devil's just called my name....I went through 2 in one year! Since I had given the old Panasonic to the bachelor next door I had to buy yet another vacuum. This time I settled on the Hoover Bagless.(cost about 180) It has been a good vacuum...I LOVE the bagless part...never running out of bags is a very good thing. Plus being able to simply empty it out before each use helps keep the suction power strong. I've had it for about 3 years now. So far so good!

Comment

Ours is a Sebo--my mil pretty much insisted we have a really nice vacuum cleaner so she bought it for us (I think it cost around $500 ) but it sucks like you wouldn't believe so I guess it was a good investment.
                  Awake is the new sleep!

Comment

Whatever the cleaning ladies use every other week. Otherwise, it's a swiffer!

Jenn

Comment

Working...
                    X