Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

What is your favorite

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is your favorite

thing in your house, (excluding family and pets)?

I'm pretty attached to my computer but I just bought a new candleholder (my only fall decoration) that I really like.

Since we made over our main room I love all the family pictures I have both taken and framed.

They are all black and white in various sizes, framed in black "gallery" frames and mounted on a wall we recently painted a "paprika" color. They look great and it's very cheap art (wall decor)!

I stare at them every day!
    Flynn

Wife to post training CT surgeon; mother of three kids ages 17, 15, and 11.

“It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.” —Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets " Albus Dumbledore

Comment

That sounds really neat. I like good black and white pics. We got our first family pic. done this summer, it was a nightmare. They turned out so bad that they offered us a new sitting for free. I just couldn't do it so we ended up having them cut my daughters head off one of the pics and pasting it on another one. I think I will blow up the proofs of her making one of many numerous pig faces and put it on the wall in her bedroom. We got a good laugh out of the proofs anyways.

Comment

My favorite this is a wooden moose that we bought on our honeymoon. We have in on a shelf over out tv in the living room.
        Cranky Wife to a Peds EM in private practice. Mom to 5 girls - 1 in Heaven and 4 running around in princess shoes.

Comment

I love to sit out on the porch swing. It makes that creaking noise that seems like it would be annoying but is really quite soothing. Apparently the kids like it too as it was the one thing that would calm down the fussiest of babies, even in the middle of winter.
          Awake is the new sleep!

Comment

DH and I were just talking about this the other day. My favorite thing is the new mattress and boxspring set we just bought. We used to have this terrible mattress that was over 25 years old. But now we have one with the individually pocketed springs that you don't feel your spouse moving around on. It has a super soft quilt-top and I am in love with it. There is nothing like crawling into a comfortable bed at night. Plus the fact that its the only piece of furniture we actually bought ourselves makes it a bit more special. Everything else we own is a hand-me-down, not that there is anything wrong with those. If it weren't for hand-me-downs, we'd have an empty apartment and our daughter would be running around in only diapers. But, there is something about buying a bigger ticket item all on your own, at this poor-student stage in our lives anyway.

Comment

I would have to say that our stereo would be one of the most enjoyed at our house.....with the two car garage coming in at a close second!

Comment

I would have to agree about the bed. DH and I were sleeping on this godawful $300 set that he bought when he started med school. ('92) Once we got all of our debt paid off, including those evil student loans, the first thing we bought was a fancy new mattress set. Ahhh, heaven. I honestly could spend half my life in that bed. Oh wait - I already do!

Comment

I agree- my bed is my favorite thing and it's my first major purchase. I had been sleeping on a very old, small mattress for a long time and I bought myself a queen-sized Tempur-pedic. I LOVE it.

Comment

Wow it seems like a good bed is pretty popular. This is the absolute first thing I'm buying when we move. I've been talking about getting a decent bed for years. I like that kind you mentioned about not hearing your spouse move, that would be great!

Comment

Well, I would have to say the computer is my favorite thing.

We did get a nice mattress at the end of residency, and we LOVE it, but I don't like what we have on our bed (comforter, etc.) so that prevents my mattress from being my favorite.

Sally
                      Wife of an OB/Gyn, mom to three boys, middle school choir teacher.

"I don't know when Dad will be home."

Comment

The bed theme has me tempted to say my bed (which is soooo cozy). But I'll go with the 1/2 bathroom in our bedroom. I thought a half bath was a waste of time -- what use is it without a shower? But now I really like having it there. And I love how the shade of paint we used in there goes with the paint in our room.

Comment

Working...
                        X