Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

What cleaning task do you dislike the most?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What cleaning task do you dislike the most?

For me right now (judging from how my house looks) it is any cleaning task.

Anyone want to come over and clean my house?

:;*

kris
    ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
    ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

I hate cleaning the shower more than anything. The worst!

Cool emoticons, btw. 8)

Comment

Cleaning toilets, without a doubt! Gross, gross, gross. (Does this have anything to do with the fact that I have three boys? Yes, it does. )

Sally
      Wife of an OB/Gyn, mom to three boys, middle school choir teacher.

"I don't know when Dad will be home."

Comment

A close race between folding clothes and unloading the dishwasher. I now have 4 or 5 loads of clean laundry in my bedroom in baskets.
        Luanne
        Luanne
        wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

unloading the dishwasher.

for some reason I can load, but not unload. and unfortunately, it's my husband's least favorite chore as well.

So, guess what Stoli will be doing ASAP...

Jenn

Comment

Nothing is worse than the floors.

Comment

So, guess what Stoli will be doing ASAP...

Crack me up, Jenn!! Actually, it is a great kid job, if you bring your standards down about keeping everything in the right place......

So.....you are supposed to clean the shower, huh? I hate all those detail things. I can stand the day to day stuff--floors, laundry, even toilets. But things like windows, baseboards, and showers drive me crazy. I just don't remember to do them until they are REALLY grungy. I have tried farming them out to the kids--they just make them worse.

Angie
              Angie
              Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite
              Mom to DS (18) and DD (15) (and many many pets)

"Where are we going - and what am I doing in this handbasket?"

Comment

Dusting. I absolutely hate to dust; it seems like everything is dusty again the day after I do it! Ugh.
                ~Jane

-Wife of urology attending.
                -SAHM to three great kiddos (2 boys, 1 girl!)

Comment

I hate doing the floors--we have wood floors everywhere but one room (and the bathrooms) so it is a chore and a half.
                  Awake is the new sleep!

Comment

I hate floors, too. It seems like they're never actually clean, no matter what.
                    Married to a hematopathologist seven years out of training.
                    Raising three girls, 11, 9, and 2.

“That was the thing about the world: it wasn't that things were harder than you thought they were going to be, it was that they were hard in ways that you didn't expect.”
                    Lev Grossman, The Magician King

Comment

Originally posted by goofy

So.....you are supposed to clean the shower, huh?
                      That's what I was going to say!
                      I also hate detail stuff like the windows. I am wondering if the windows in our new house have ever been cleaned. I wanted to wait until all construction was done on the house....but at the rate that is going....I might as well start washing windows.

We have mostly wood floors and I feel like they are never completely clean. Those swiffer wet mops work pretty well in a pinch.

Comment

Sue, you should try the Hoover FloorMate. I got it because someone on here recommended it and it is a godsend. We too have hardwoods, ceramic tile, etc. In other words, a LOT of mopping! :!@ This machine has rotating brushes and sprays out a cleaning solution. Then you flip a switch and it sucks it up and squeegees the floor. If it wasn't for this thing, (and my new housekeepers ) the floors would never get clean. (I won't mop unless I have to!)

Nellie, I have the Swiffer wetjet too and it does work great for a quick cleanup. I have a feeling that as I have more children and they get older, I'll be using it a LOT!

Comment

Definitely toilet and kitty litter. Thank God for our cleaning lady - the splurge that's worth every penny.

Comment

I LOVE to clean!!!!!!!!!! :=

ha!

I will do all of it.....it is just the motivation to start that I have a problem with...but it gets done

Comment

Hey Chris,
                              I've got the Hoover Floormate and I love it! Unfortunately it started leaking and I haven't been inspired enough to fix it yet. I'm hoping to get dh to take a look at it because it did save a step and I really did feel like it got the floors clean.
                              I've got the Swiffer Wetjet as well and it works well, too, especially for quick clean ups.
                              Awake is the new sleep!

Comment

Working...
                              X