Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

the garage sale is OVER!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the garage sale is OVER!

We had a huge garage sale yesterday......we are moving this spring and plan on listing the house in February, so we wanted to de-clutter. We had so much stuff (old clothes, toys, baby equipment, books, Sauder furniture, shoes.....) and have spent the past two weeks organizing and pricing everything. We ran the sale for eight hours and made $850! I could not believe it. 90% of the stuff was $3 or less, I am not kidding you. We wanted to sell a dining room table and eight chairs (it is huge with the leaves in it.....there are six leaves!) that we bought with this house, but that didn't sell. I think we will run an ad in the paper for a couple of weeks to see if someone is interested.

We still have plenty of stuff left, including most of my maternity clothes which are for summer, but I am going to donate those to a crisis pregnancy center, and I have heard that the homeless mission in town will actually come and pick up the rest.

It was exhausting but well worth it in the end! I am still worn out from it, though.

Sally
    Wife of an OB/Gyn, mom to three boys, middle school choir teacher.

"I don't know when Dad will be home."

That is great! Take yourself out to dinner or shopping with the money. Does it feel good to be de-cluttered?

Comment

Amen to the decluttering!

We made numerous trips to the Salvation Army before we moved and have made 4 trips to the Goodwill since moving. Next weekend we have sworn to each other that we are locking ourselves in the basement with a new box of green garbage bags.

Celebrate and go to that restaurant that where you took me that one time!

Jenn

Comment

$850 is awesome!!! I agree that you should do something nice for yourselves with the money!
        Awake is the new sleep!

Comment

Whew! It must feel good to have the house decluttered. I have never held a garage sale, but I am happy that Goodwill is a 10 minute drive away. Amvets called today looking for donations. Now may be a good time to declutter.

Good luck with the house going on the market!

Jennifer
          Needs

Comment

Sally - that is awesome! Cha-ching!!

Is there a long massage in your future?
            Cranky Wife to a Peds EM in private practice. Mom to 5 girls - 1 in Heaven and 4 running around in princess shoes.

Comment

Working...
            X