Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Back in the swing of things

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Back in the swing of things

Well, today is the first day of call for DW as an attending Dr for the Air Force. Of course, it isn't anything like residency(and that is a GREAT thing!), but it sucks because she is sick and left this morning as she was bursting into tears. She doesn't get sick often, but when she does it wipes her out.

After nearly a month of active duty in the AF, she is finally doing what she was trained to do, see patients! Seems the red tape around ever corner had gotten to her, but she was excited to get back into a rhythm and treat kids. She has been seeing them for about two weeks, but only about 6-10 kids a day. She won't get into the "real" schedule until mid-December after her Officer training, then she will see 4-6 an hour, I am sure that will be fun (dripping with sarcasm )!!

That's great that she actually gets to SEE her patients now! You're right--there's nothing worse than going to work sick. My husband has to be on death's door to stay home, so he generally goes in feeling pretty bad sometimes. I hope she feels better soon, and that her first day went well.

Comment

Congrats to you and your wife!! What a great accomplishment for BOTH of you. Sorry to hear she isn't feeling well, not a great way to start her "official" week.

Comment

Poor Gretchen--I hope she feels better soon!
        Awake is the new sleep!

Comment

Turns out she has strep throat (our 4yr old had it about a week ago). And her pager went off all night long, so she is without a voice now.

Comment

Please give Gretchen our get well wishes. I hope she feels better soon.

Comment

Congrats! It is so affirming to see that there is an end.

Kelly
              In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

Hey Matt-

So, what do you think of those sexy AF girl uniforms!! (actually they're better than the UGLY Marine uniforms which are the color reserved for items deposited in diapers....)

My beloved is actually seeing CHILDREN with neurological issues, for only the second time since he started the fellowship. He had to do 9 months of adult neuro, then he did 3 at childrens, then he did 3 months of reading ekgs- then one month elective and NOW, finally, he is seeing kids again. Whew, because he is a mighty grouchy man when he has to work with grown-ups.

Jenn

Comment

Working...
                X