Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Enough of the talk...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just waited in line for an hour and voted. My DH tried to go before work at 7:30 a.m. but the line was too line for him to wait, so he'll go after work. Hopefully he won't be stuck in line all night!

Comment

Whew! 1.5 hours in line! I'm actually amazed I didn't screw up my ballot since we have 70-some judges up for retention in our county.

Comment

Yup, just got back. Only a 1.5 hr line with 3 kids!

Comment

My husband and I went at 6:30 this morning before I had to go to work. I just went with my daughter an hour ago, this was her first time to vote in a Presidential election and she was incredibly excited. Now I'm on my way to the Liquor Store so I can make Apple Martinis and watch TV all night long.
          Luanne
          Luanne
          wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

What an exciting 1st presidential election for your daughter, Luanne!

Erica

Comment

Seeing the large voter turnout has been overwhelming for me! I have to admit, I got all teary eyed when they showed on the news a polling place with a line that snaked back and forth through the parking lot and around the block.

Comment

I just got home from voting -- it took 2 hours and 15 minutes! There are people still waiting, and the BOE says the last person won't get through until midnight or so. They're projecting a 70% turn-out in OH this year, which isn't surprising given the attention we've gotten this year from the candidates.

A Move on PAC rep came to my door Saturday and ridiculed me for not sharing his views. I couldn't believe the nerve! Slamming the door felt good

Stephanie

Comment

I voted last night after work. Very efficient, no waiting. And the polling place turned out to not be skeevy (which is good, since it's a school), I just had to walk through a bit of skeeviness between my apartment and the poll.

I love voting in New York--we have those old fashioned mechanical booths with the big lever that goes ker-CHUNK ker-CHUNK (that's the sound of democracy, baby!) and you get to vote with all these people for whom the chance to cast that vote isn't to be taken for granted--Americans by choice rather than by birth. It seems like how things should be.
                  Married to a hematopathologist seven years out of training.
                  Raising three girls, 11, 9, and 2.

“That was the thing about the world: it wasn't that things were harder than you thought they were going to be, it was that they were hard in ways that you didn't expect.”
                  Lev Grossman, The Magician King

Comment

Originally posted by Julie

I love voting in New York--we have those old fashioned mechanical booths with the big lever that goes ker-CHUNK ker-CHUNK (that's the sound of democracy, baby!) and you get to vote with all these people for whom the chance to cast that vote isn't to be taken for granted--Americans by choice rather than by birth. It seems like how things should be.
                    I'm not used to the ones that go kerchunk. I've just used more electronic ones. There is a different feeling voting in a booth versus the absentee ballot at home. I'll have to seek out a polling place next time around. I'd really like my kids to see that.

Comment

I voted twice.

Ok, not really. Once for me at the "booth" and then I sealed the absentee ballot and sent it off, to never be heard from again, for DW.

Comment

I voted twice.
                        You crazy Floridians!!

Angie
                        Angie
                        Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite
                        Mom to DS (18) and DD (15) (and many many pets)

"Where are we going - and what am I doing in this handbasket?"

Comment

Allison,
                          When I told the Move on PAC guy that my mind was made up (no mention of which candidate I supported mind you), he told me that it was very small-minded of me not to be willing to listen to him. Being in a swing state, my guess is that he was used to being able to persuade people to his side. I thanked him for his time and said my mind was really made up, and he made some snide remark and walked away! I never raised my voice or was nasty, so I was quite surprised by his reaction. That's why it felt so good to slam the door as he walked away. Had to get my two cents in somehow!

Stephanie

Comment

I can't believe some people didn't vote who go to this site!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HELLO???!!!!
                            Flynn

Wife to post training CT surgeon; mother of three kids ages 17, 15, and 11.

“It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.” —Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets " Albus Dumbledore

Comment

Working...
                            X