Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

eBay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• eBay

Is anyone else somewhat addicted to eBay? I am decorating the nursery for our January baby and picked a line from Pottery Barn Kids that is mostly unavailable in stores. So I've been buying things off eBay! It's fun actually, and it amazes me that the system actually works. I finally found the curtains I was looking for, so I think I will need to stop looking

Anyone else?

well- I think i have responded to this several years ago, and it's kind of embarrassing;

My engagement ring
    Our wedding rings
    One Bagdley Mishka (sp?)wedding gown with tags still on, less than $100 but I looked dead in it- it was a hideous color grey/white silk.

Every single wedding centerpiece (besides the ones that I found at Goodwill and the Salvation Army) They were all silverplate and I had our florist fill them w/ fab flowers that became the gifts to guests.

Our current bike rack, our friends dining room table. Several pieces of china, crystal and silver. A fab baby gift for a friend. Two rugs.

The centerpieces for my SIl's baby shower. The decorations for the same baby shower.

My husband's bike cleats, and bike shoes.

Several books.

I could go on and on...

It's madness. But it really is capitalism at it's finest!!!

Jenn

(ps- enjoy)

Comment

I am another ebay a-holic - we bought our digital camera from there and love it - plus a bunch of other things... one of which was a CAR!! (but that's a story for a whole different thread!!). I have also sold some stuff on there - the system is great.

BTW - I am getting rid of all the rest of my scrap book stock - I had a web site, but have since let it go - not enough energy to keep it up and running... now I spend my time running after my kids . I am going to post it on ebay in the next few days - if any of you are into scrap booking, let me know and I can get you a list of what I have left - I am selling it all right at the wholesale cost (at least 50% off retail!!). Most of the stuff is from Making Memories and Bazzill Basics - great stuff!!

Jen B.

Comment

I had a friend who bought a car from eBay for his daughter. Well, actually, he bought 2! He placed bids on 2 different cars hoping he would win one of them, but he ended up being the high bidder on both! So both of his daughters got cars!

Comment

We just bid on a car on ebay a few weeks ago but we didnt win It was for sale in Jacksonville, where my sister lives, so she and her DH test drove it for us. We waited to bid til the last five minutes then got in a furious bidding war that ended up $2000 more than we could pay. My dad was very skeptical of buying a car on ebay til he surfed the cars with me, then he was for it.
          Mom to three wild women.

Comment

SueAnne, don't get into bidding wars. Wait until the last ten seconds and snipe. :>

Comment

A friend of mine won a bid on a car and got burned on it. He called the seller after he booked his flight (the car was across the country, so he planned on flying there and driving back) and was told that the car was sold to a friend and 'sorry'. It was a big headache for him to get straightened out. It definately makes me too nervous to consider buying something like a car on ebay. Obviously the system works really well, but it would definately cause me more stress than it would be worth. Unless I found a really good deal.

Comment

I've bought and sold tons of stuff on ebay. Didn't get burned yet (knocking on wood) but I'm usually very careful who I buy from. I've been unhappy with my purchases several times and the sellers were always pretty good about fixing the problem.

lunatic, I'd definitely leave a negative feedback if the seller never replied. Try emailing again though, messages do "get lost" on ocassion. I think the window for leaving feedback is 30 or 60 days. You also have the option to reply to feedback, so if the seller retaliates, you can add an explanation.

Comment

Working...
                X