Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

I've resorted to....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've resorted to....

answering the phone with a

"Hello, I've voted. Have you?"

I can't wait for these damn people to stop calling!
    Mom of 3, Veterinarian

You are not kidding!!!

I have received 8 phone calls in the 6 days, including calls from Laura Bush and George W Bush. And a (pre-recorded) call from perky 12 year old Jamie volunteering for the Republican party for her first time! Good for you, Jamie, don't call me again!

I even got one today at 11am. Oregon sends mail-in ballots to every registered voter and most people don't go to the polls. Why do they keep calling?!?!? Unless my ballot wasn't received.....

Comment

I've actually had 2 people come to my door today, plus I've had one person call to find out if we voted.
      Awake is the new sleep!

Comment

we used our cell phone exclusively for the past three years so they cant call cells. i cannot tell you what a joy it is to not have any telemarketers EVER.
        Mom to three wild women.

Comment

I just used caller ID to call back my friends at the state Republican party office and asked them to STOP calling me.

Poor guy....he promised no one would call me tomorrow.

Seriously...I hope my ballot got in. In our state, the election office will give reports on who among registered voters have submitted ballots. If they are calling me, they think I haven't voted. Dammit.

Comment

wow- we didn't get any calls. we are on the do not call list for telemarketers. I wonder if that is why or our vote isn't important.

Jennifer
            Needs

Comment

We're on the do not call list too, but we still got a ton of calls. Most of them were those stupid recordings. One call came in just after 10:00 PM last night....I thought they couldn't call past 8 or 9!

Comment

Yeah, we're on the no call list also, so apparently it didn't matter in our case.
                Awake is the new sleep!

Comment

Yup, we've been getting phone calls and in-person visits too... What really irritates me is the recent (seeming) increase in recorded telemarketing calls ("Hello, when was the last time you had your carpets cleaned?"). The recordings especially bother me because I have no way of (politely, of course ) asking the person on the line to take my name/number off their call list. We're also on the "Do Not Call" list, but apparently that doesn't help. Grrr.
                  ~Jane

-Wife of urology attending.
                  -SAHM to three great kiddos (2 boys, 1 girl!)

Comment

Can you believe it? I'm in Ohio and I never recieved a single call!

Comment

We didn't get a single call either. But we were at DH's parents house over the weekend and got three calls and one person at the door. Seems odd to me, but hey, I'm not complaining!

Comment

http://www.donotcall.gov

For the federal no call list. Maybe that will help.

Comment

Working...
                        X