Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Oprah Show

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oprah Show

Just thought I'd let everybody know....my sister-in-law is going to be on Oprah tomorrow. Not that this is a big deal, except for the fact that it was a show honoring teachers, so the whole audience was teachers (from around the US). The clincher is my sister-in-law called last night, and Oprah apparently gave everybody in the audience over $20,000 in merchandise, taxes paid! Among other things, this includes a plasma screen TV, cashmere sweater/scarf, a $1000 movado watch, etc etc etc!

I'm just waiting for Oprah to have a show featuring nurses!!! Or what about physician spouses!!!!

Is this the Oprah Christmas show? How cool is that. I think they should have a medical spouse show!!! A nurse show would be great too, I would go to both.
    Luanne
    Luanne
    wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

Luanne, I just went to oprah.com and submitted two show ideas...the first being a show about physician spouses, meant to dispel the preconceived notion that we sit at poolside and eat bon-bons all day...and I also talked about this website and how I'd love to have a ftf meeting with all the people I "chat" with. What better place to do it than on her show? Oh, I also submitted an idea for the "Oprah, come to my job" section. Far-fetched, but if it happened to my SIL, ya never know!

Comment

Oprah gives so her audiences so many wonderful gifts! Guess it helps that she has some pull -- bet she gets most of it donated. I've got to register for tickets.

Oprah would be lucky to have any of you on her show. No one knows the struggles, and I think they'd be surprised to hear what being the spouse of a MD entails. Who has time for bon bons??? :]

Steph

Comment

My DW would love to go to the Oprah show.....

...(typed while eating bon-bon).

Comment

Matt, Have one for me!!!!

Comment

I'll have to tune in tomorrow--I love Oprah!
              Awake is the new sleep!

Comment

That is awesome. I'd love to go to a show, but the days you can call for tickets are so limited and of course the lines are ALWAYS busy. One of my friends (also a med spouse) somehow got into the Oprah's Favorite Things show. The friend new someone who new someone who knew someone else and so on. She got a truck load of really cool stuff. I'm still envious.

Comment

oprah

I got to go on the Oprah show last year and I was so excited about it because I just love her. Unfortunately the show I was on was probably one of the most boring shows she's had. The topic was on teenagers who "felt" like their dads were not "there" for them I almost fell asleep while I was on the show, I could not stop yawning. (No wonder I didn't see myself featured on tv ) Every time I see a show where the audience gets something (even food), I get really mad. Being a teacher, I wish I could have gone to that show!

Comment

Working...
                  X