Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Holiday Shopping!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Holiday Shopping!

Does it seem early to ask this question?

How many of you have started your holiday shopping?

I have bought for my dad, his wife and my brother....but that's it...nothing for the kids, thomas or my mom.....

I actually have NO idea what to buy Thomas this year!

kris
    ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
    ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

For the first time EVER, I started shopping *before* Thanksgiving. And for the first time EVER, I am almost done before Thanksgiving. I'm going to wrap in a leisurely fashion next week while listening to Christmas music and sipping hot cocoa. It is SUCH a great feeling to be organized!!!! (ahem, for the first time EVER!!! )

Comment

I have a list of ideas....which is a huge improvement! I'll start soon after Thanksgiving. We're going to be shipping a lot more this year. Usually, I like to bake stuff and send it, but I don't know if work on the kitchen will allow it this year.

Comment

I haven't even started, I kind of like to do my shopping at the last minute.
        Awake is the new sleep!

Comment

I am always clueless when it comes to Dh and this year is no exception.

Comment

ummm, we just spent $3000 in airfare for the FIRST trip, so- there will be no excessive gift giving this year.

Jenn

Comment

I'm almsot exactly 1/2 way done, which is actually behind for me. I try to get most of it done before Thanksgiving, b/c the wrapping is the biggest treat for me. I'm behind but plan to get done soon. Thank GOD for the internet!! :christmas:

Any suggestions on gifts for first year residents that went over particularly well?? Unfortunately, I can't wrap sanity or time, but other ideas are welcome!!

Steph

Comment

I've started and this year I'm actually behind - I usually have all my shopping done by Thanksgiving. I have my sisters, their husbands, and my nephew done. I have NO idea what I'm getting my DH, he's one of these types that asks for limited things and then guesses them before he opens them so that is kind of annoying!

Happy Shopping!
                Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

I've started looking online for some of my difficult-to-find ideas, but haven't bought anything yet.

Comment

We are mostly done with the kids. I have ideas for everybody else. Just a matter of getting out there and doing some internet shopping. I plan on making some gifts this year so I better get on the ball. I have been making my Xmas list and it is pretty out-of-hand. One can wish right?

I have also gotten most of our Xmas decorations. I am going festive this year.

Jennifer
                    Needs

Comment

I just have DH and my sister left.

Nothing is wrapped, but wrapping is the best part!
                      Cranky Wife to a Peds EM in private practice. Mom to 5 girls - 1 in Heaven and 4 running around in princess shoes.

Comment

I started shopping in July, but unfortunately I've forgotten where I hid most of the gifts! I need to start searching now so I can find them in time for Christmas!

Comment

pretty much done

I am just about done! I have my SO parents and I will be done! YAHOO!!! But, I want to hit the stores early Friday morning. It just wouldn't be the same if I didn't go. I love the hustle and bustle of Christmas shopping!

Comment

I'm nearly done here. I usually wait until a day or two before Christmas to wrap everything. My tradition is to wrap the presents while watching 'You've Got Mail'. By the time the movie is over I'm all done wrapping. :christmas:

Dagny your on the ball this year! Way to Go!! :star:

Comment

Working...
                            X