Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Holiday Shopping Online?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Holiday Shopping Online?

Will you be making any holiday purchases online?
    ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
    ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Please notice that I can't spell

Each year it seems we do a little more of our holiday shopping online. For friends that live far away we pretty much always go with Amazon...free shipping and gift wrapping is hard to beat. Since I just mailed out my ornament today that is definitely a good thing. If my family/friends had to wait for me to get to the post office they wouldn't get their christmas gifts until Summer.

kris
    ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
    ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

Since I live in a retail wasteland, I don't know what I would do without online shopping. It is also nice to have the gifts shipped directly to the recipient. Since I have to ship most of the gifts I buy, it saves me a trip to the post office which is a HUGE savings of time, especially this time of year.

Sally
      Wife of an OB/Gyn, mom to three boys, middle school choir teacher.

"I don't know when Dad will be home."

Comment

Actually ever since I moved to NY I do almost all of my Christmas shopping online. I have everything shipped to my mom & dad's address, it's all waiting there when I arrive just before Christmas, I wrap it all up at once, and it's ready to go. No hauling gifts on the plane. I usually stop by the mall once for an hour just long enough to soak up the cheerful holiday bustle, and then get out of there quick before it becomes the holiday hassle.
        Married to a hematopathologist seven years out of training.
        Raising three girls, 11, 9, and 2.

“That was the thing about the world: it wasn't that things were harder than you thought they were going to be, it was that they were hard in ways that you didn't expect.”
        Lev Grossman, The Magician King

Comment

I love online shopping. I agree. It is wonderful to have it shipped right to me, so I can happily NOT go to the mall. And comparison shopping is so easy. I'm so happy when I can get three or four people out of the way in under an hour. 8)

Comment

Except for toys, I've done all my holiday shopping online. Next year, I think I'll get the toys online too. It's so much easier!

Comment

Absolutely! It makes life so much easier. And helps with the shipping, as Sally said.
              But I'm not thinking about it until Friday.

Comment

I love shopping, so I feel like I'm missing out if I do it online.
                Awake is the new sleep!

Comment

Shopping malls creep me out, and I'm a horrible, horrible decision maker so I spend way too much time. This year it's all handmade or online gifts -- I'm finally taking a cue from my hubby who went to exclusively online giftbuying a couple of years ago.

As a plus, I skip a step when it comes to shipping the goods to my far-flung family.
                  Alison

Comment

I love shopping on line...it helps to stay on budget. DH just won a lot of Rescue Heroes on Ebay with a command center, robot, and helicopter and ten action figures for $30!

Kelly
                    In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

Definitely buying online this year! I just hate dealing with all of the crowds at the mall.

Comment

Working...
                      X