Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

If you could sign up...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If you could sign up...

for any college class right now for free, what would it be?

~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
    ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

I'd like to take a marine biology class.
    ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
    ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

some kind of literature class.

Sally
      Wife of an OB/Gyn, mom to three boys, middle school choir teacher.

"I don't know when Dad will be home."

Comment

Painting. I'd love a real instructor rather than the "Such and Such for Beginners" books I get at the library.

Comment

A philosophy class or a biology class on evolution

Comment

Oh man, I would like

--Ethical theory courses (some other philosophy ones as well, like Metaphysics and Epistemology)
            --Linguistics
            --I would like a crack at the whole Religion section of the course catalog at this point in my life, with all those "Eastern Religions 101" and "Christian Controversies and Creeds" and "God, Society, Self" -type classes.
            --those really narrow American History classes where you study the progression and context of one phenomenon, like Puritanism or the Civil Rights Movement or whatever
            --Child development

It's a good thing for me they don't let you hang around undergrad forever, or I'd probably still be there taking 101 everything and becoming a total dilettante. Also, it would be nice to have an interest in something that actually pays money.
            Married to a hematopathologist seven years out of training.
            Raising three girls, 11, 9, and 2.

“That was the thing about the world: it wasn't that things were harder than you thought they were going to be, it was that they were hard in ways that you didn't expect.”
            Lev Grossman, The Magician King

Comment

Originally posted by Julie
              Oh man, I would like

--I would like a crack at the whole Religion section of the course catalog at this point in my life, with all those "Eastern Religions 101" and "Christian Controversies and Creeds" and "God, Society, Self" -type classes.
              --Child development

Also, it would be nice to have an interest in something that actually pays money.
              Yeah, those too. And I agree about the $. I'm not interested in anything "practical".

Comment

political science or home ec

Comment

Anthropology--I already took one class in college and it was the most fascinating class I ever had.
                  Awake is the new sleep!

Comment

All those classes I was afraid to take because they'd ruin my GPA. I steered clear of English Dept for 4 years. Would love to take a Shakespeare class. Or give Italian another crack.

Comment

English- including grammar- I beleive my writing skills have diminished exceedingly quickly over the past few years.

I'd love to take my literature classes again, and this time actually read the novels to read them, not to regurgitate them.

Ecology 102- I took 101 and it filled my labscience requirement so I was DONE. (gotta love the liberal arts education!)

I'd love to repeat my wine-tasting class (yes, I did have a 3 credit winetasting class, run by the chemistry dept- during one January term. It was GREAT!)

I would happily take any sociology or psych class that I haven't already had - which doesn't leave that many!

Jenn

Comment

Since I'm currently overwhelmed by grad school, I would choose to take study hall (and sleep through it!!).

Steph

Comment

A literature class taught by Maya Angelou. She is faculty at a college about 1 1/2 hours away, but I'm sure it's nearly impossible to get into any class taught by her.

I'd also love to take more Linguistics classes. I loved that subject in school and only took a few classes in college...sort of the mathematical side of English. My college introduced a Linguistics program at the end of my last year there...I wish they had it when I started!

Comment

Filmmaking or writing

Comment

I would definitely enjoy a class by Maya Angelou. Does the class offer childcare so we could wish the reading material?

I would love to take some grad courses in ed. psych. Ultimately, I would enjoy classes in photography. That is my secret passion.

Jennifer
                              Needs

Comment

Working...
                              X