Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

What are you Thankful For?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What are you Thankful For?

With Thanksgiving right around the corner let's share:

What are you thankful for this year?

kris
    ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
    ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

I am thankful for the fact that my children are all healthy and relatively happy (when they aren't being forced to clean the garage ).

I am thankful for the fact that I have a husband who is really working hard at trying to understand where I am at in my life and who is willing to help out around the house. He tells me he loves me and couldn't live without me every day...Our marriage (like any marriage) has its imperfect parts, but at the end of the day, I feel loved and cherished.

I am thankful for my job at the U. I know that I complain about it being 'unfulfilling' at times and am annoyed by the politics. The truth though is that I get a nice check for the little that I have to do and I do enjoy teaching. I realize that there are people out there who don't have a job right now..I'm fortunate.

kris
    ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
    ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

I'm thankful for...

- a wonderful husband who loves me.
      - my great family and friends.
      - my (and all of my loved ones') good health.
      - our blessing-on-the-way.
      - the fact that I have a job (even though I hate it ).
      - our cozy little house and solid roof over our heads.
      - our beautiful, loving little doggie.
      - being (semi)-financially secure, not having to worry about how to pay for groceries, utilities, etc; there are so many people who have to choose one or the other.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!
      ~Jane

-Wife of urology attending.
      -SAHM to three great kiddos (2 boys, 1 girl!)

Comment

I am thankful for my husband, who is working so hard to benefit our family. He recognizes how challenging being a full time working mom can be, and because he knows it's my ultimate goal to stay at home with our kids, he is working extra hard now to make that happen in the very near future.

I am very thankful for this website. So many times when I have hit rock bottom, all I have to do is come on here....and I know somebody else has it worse! :> Just kidding....seriously, it has been SO important to me!

I am very thankful for having the privilege of taking care of really sick people (and that people actually entrust me with their lives). Although it's easy to complain about my job, I recognize that not everybody can do it, and not everybody does it well. I am very thankful for all that I am given by my patients I care for; it seems each one teaches me something about life, subtly or very overtly.

I am so VERY thankful to live in the USA. And I am very thankful for the sacrifices our troops have made, are making, and will make in the future. God Bless America!

Comment

I am thankful for the two fantastic, healthy, loving, neat human beings who have been entrusted in my care. I'm grateful for my husband who loves me dearly and has a passion for life in what he does for a living. I'm grateful that my problems are really only "annoyances" and that I have more than enough to eat, a warm bed, and I own my own home. I am thankful for my parents and extended family who love me unconditionally. I am thrilled to have my education and the freedoms attendant to being an American woman. I am grateful for my dear, dear friends who have become like sisters of my heart over the years. I am grateful for the rich experiences that I have had and for the chance to share this legacy with a future generation.

Kelly
          In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

I am really thankful for my husband and kids and the people that they are. I am grateful that even though money feels tight sometimes, I know that I will always be able to buy groceries and pay mortgage and utilities. I am thankful to have good health insurance and access to healthcare. And for the freedom that comes with living in the US.

And I am thankful that my bathroom is finished and that I can take a shower in my own home! :bath: And I'll bet if you ask the people I see on a regular basis, they'd be thankful too!

Comment

I'm thankful for:
              --my husband--he never fails at making me feel loved by him.
              --my 3 healthy children.
              --that I've got parents who would drop anything and be here if I needed them.
              --that I have my sisters and that we're close.
              --that I have several really true friends.
              --for my job even though I whine about it way too much. It keeps me home with my kids, which has always been my ultimate goal.
              --my health.
              --that in 7 short months fellowship will be over!!!
              Awake is the new sleep!

Comment

An easy one this year!!!

I am thankful for my fabulous husband who is afraid to fly (unless he has a parachute and gets to jump out!) but who is flying with me TWICE in the dead of winter to adopt this little person in Russia.

I am thankful that we are able to afford this Russian adventure, as it's not for the faint of heart or wallet.

I am thankful for my incredible parents, my baby brother and his wife (who I would have married if he hadn't, just to get her into the family) my funny and of course gorgeous nephew Jack- and let's not forget that how many of us at age 38 have two living and healthy grandmothers! (now, crazy.... ok. but they are happy in their nuttiness)

I'm thankful for my handful of close friends- Leslie (and of course her husband and her new baby), Carin, who just got engaged, Margaret Anne who lets me practice on her kids, and Gwen- my nutjob buddy from 6th grade.

My iMSN family, with whom I am QUITE sure I could not have made it through internship, residency and now fellowship. It's so nice to know that 1) people do survive and 2) there's always someone who can offer sage advice and a calm head. (and who understand that Medical Education does NOT equal a lifestyle that anyone in their right mind would aspire to!!)

My job, because we do good things for people with disabilities. And I get to do them with fabulously interesting people.

and finally, Petey, Darla, Nicki and Trouble- the pets who know all of my secrets and never spill the beans!

Jenn

Comment

This year I am most thankful that my husband is in agreement to move to my home state of Kentucky!

Comment

For my husband, who is just the greatest guy in the world!

For my three healthy boys, who are growing all too quickly.

For my sense of humor!

For the fact that we will be moving away from here in just over 6 months.

For good friends here and in "real life"......I wouldn't make it without them!

For being born when I was and where I was.....I have a very nice life compared to women in other countries, and women who lived at other times.

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone!

Sally
                    Wife of an OB/Gyn, mom to three boys, middle school choir teacher.

"I don't know when Dad will be home."

Comment

Be Thankful

Be thankful that you don't already have everything you desire.
                      If you did, what would there be to look forward to?
                      Be thankful when you don't know something,
                      for it gives you the opportunity to learn.

Be thankful for the difficult times. During those times you grow.
                      Be thankful for your limitations,
                      because they give you opportunities for improvement.
                      Be thankful for each new challenge,
                      because it will build your strength and character.

Be thankful for your mistakes. They will teach you valuable lessons.
                      Be thankful when you're tired and weary,
                      because it means you've made a difference.

It's easy to be thankful for the good things.
                      A life of rich fulfillment comes to those who
                      are also thankful for the setbacks.
                      Gratitude can turn a negative into a positive.
                      Find a way to be thankful for your troubles,
                      and they can become your blessings.

Comment

My aunt and uncle had a baby boy named Joshua. He was born deformed with heart and brain abnormalities. He died 2 days after his birth. I am thankful for my 2 beautiful healthy children that make me smile every day. They are my world!

Comment

Working...
                        X