Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Happy Thanksgiving!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Happy Thanksgiving!

Happy Thanksgiving. We are getting ready to put up the tree. I'm so happy that we are just spending it with just the four of us. As a medical spouse, immediate family time is at a premium. Today was so low pressure. What a great day.

Tomorrow we are participating in "National Spend Nothing" day instead of joining in the shopping bonanza. (Yes, we are REALLY trying to be more conscientious about our consumption and desires).

As an aside, today we are grateful that it hasn't snowed yet here in Minnesota. This is the first time that we haven't seen flakes before Turkey day since we have lived here. Now that is a blessing.

Kelly
    In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

O.K. So I have failed miserably on my goal to spend nothing today. My four year old is sick and we were out of children's tylenol. So I went to Cubs and bought it, and $59 worth of groceries. Did I mention that he puked all over me in the middle of the store. Sean had to take him home, put him in the bath, and then come back for me and the baby. Ah, adventures in parenting.

Oh well, my heart is in the right place. We sat down and talked about how to make our holidays more meaningful. This week we sent Jennifer baby clothes and diapers to take to the Russian orphanage. I even made my son part with a few of his small beloved toys to send to these kids. (Don't feel bad, he has so much). Next week we are going to donate blood. We may go visit a nursing home the week after that. Somehow, I'm excited about this holiday season...and normally I just feel crabby this time of year.

Kelly

Comment

O.K. I'm posting to my own posts three times in a row here. It is official, this has become a blog.

Anyway, I felt compelled to say that I hope that by disclosing my goal of giving more doesn't sound sanctimoniou. The holidays have just become a real source of stress and sadness for me over the years and I'm trying to change that. I am not judging what others do, this is just what I need to do to get through. Believe me, I can spend with the best of them and I realize this about myself.

Kelly

Comment

Happy belated turkey day!

I'm sorry to hear that Cade isn't feeling well. Poor GUY!

We enjoyed a nice family holiday too...I'm about to leave and go christmas shopping

kris
        ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
        ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

Here's a late Happy Thanksgiving!

Sorry you got puked on Kelly.

Comment

Working...
          X