Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

How was your Thanksgiving?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How was your Thanksgiving?

We had a nice, laid-back day. The kids played videogames and Thomas watched his german tv..I made some german baked goods (schnecken, strudel) and we had turkey, cranberry sauce, mashed potatoes, rolls, gravy.....yummmmm. I gained....*gulp* 6 pounds in 3 days and I don't really think that I ate THAT much. I guess all of the tasting as I cooked added to the poundage!

We also went and watched the Sponge Bob movie...I don't recommend it....

Back to the treadmill, I guess!

:walk:

kris
    ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
    ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Our Thanksgiving was heavenly and a MUCH needed break. Our homemade pizzas on turkey day were delicious. We rented a bunch of videos and two video games for the kids. The weather has been nice, so they have been able to be outside quite a bit, which has helped my sanity! They get along much better when they are not in school, for some reason, and I have been enjoying seeing them play together (mostly) harmoniously. I didn't realize that DH didn't have to go in (except to round) on Friday, and when I figured it out, I had that delicious feeling that I used to have when the radio announced a snow day! He has been on call, but there have barely been any pages. We have gotten the house clean and I have cooked some things that I haven't had time to cook in a while.....oatmeal banana chocolate chip muffins, tomato basil soup, and I have the stuff to make meat loaf and a chicken casserole yet this weekend. In a while, DH's aunt and uncle and cousins (and their two girls) are stopping here for lunch on their way home to CO/WY. They spent Thanksgiving in Waco, where another cousin lives, and we are on their way home. It will be great to see them!

So, all in all, although I am missing my mom's surprise 60th b-day party tomorrow in Indiana that I helped plan (sound familiar, Kris? ) I am having a wonderful time and a much needed break!

Sally
    Wife of an OB/Gyn, mom to three boys, middle school choir teacher.

"I don't know when Dad will be home."

Comment

Ours went great. We stayed home just the two of us and had a fun day cooking the full-on Thanksgiving meal. (Our freezer is full of leftovers.) It wasn't as difficult as I thought it would be. Actually the hardest part was carving the bird--they don't tell you that only a couple parts are done with neat Norman Rockwellesque slicing and that most of it you have to pull apart like a caveman.

Hopefully next year we'll be spending Thanksgiving back in the bosom of family, but all in all it wasn't a bad way to spend the holiday.
      Married to a hematopathologist seven years out of training.
      Raising three girls, 11, 9, and 2.

“That was the thing about the world: it wasn't that things were harder than you thought they were going to be, it was that they were hard in ways that you didn't expect.”
      Lev Grossman, The Magician King

Comment

Working...
      X