Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

What do you want for the holidays?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do you want for the holidays?

OK...so no answers like "world peace" What do YOU really want?

kris
    ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
    ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

I want a creative memories bag on rollers
    ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
    ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

A digital camera--and FH and I have agreed we're finally going to get one. It's going to be our Christmas gifts to each other.
      Married to a hematopathologist seven years out of training.
      Raising three girls, 11, 9, and 2.

“That was the thing about the world: it wasn't that things were harder than you thought they were going to be, it was that they were hard in ways that you didn't expect.”
      Lev Grossman, The Magician King

Comment

furniture for our still mostly empty house.

Comment

I was hoping for an engagement ring (well, the question more than the ring itself) and those prospects aren't looking so hot. On the up side it looks like I'm still getting some cool jewelry. BF wanted me to help pick it out. Here's what I'm getting (we finished our Christmas shopping online):

necklace:
          http://womenwantjewelry.com/Merchant2/m ... ory_Code=N

earrings:
          http://womenwantjewelry.com/Merchant2/m ... ory_Code=E

Comment

In this order:
            1. A housekeeper
            2. A gift certificate for my dentist so I can get my teeth whitened
            3. A gift certificate to a spa
            4. New jammies
            Awake is the new sleep!

Comment

Those are both really pretty Liz--I especially like that necklace.
              Awake is the new sleep!

Comment

Thanks, Sue! I don't mean to be all frivolous or anything. I told BF he really didn't mean to get me anything. We're usually very practical. The jewelry shopping thing was prety difficult because I've never picked anything out before. But this year he said that I'm worth it and that he wanted to do something nice because I put up with a lot from him. How could I say no to that?

I'm also going ot the spa with his mom as part of our gift to her. Pedicure and massage here I come!

Comment

What I would like most in this world is an entire weekend to myself in my house. Since we moved 16 months ago, I have been alone in my house twice for an hour at a time. Once was before our second was born and I mowed the lawn two days before my due date. The second was recently when my neighbor watched my kids at her house for an hour.

The big ticket items on my list are a Kitchen-Aid mixer and being totally selfish, an i-pod.

Is Santa listening?

Jennifer
                  Needs

Comment

just to tick you off, Kris,

Peace on Earth.

totally kidding, no moral highroad here. As you know, I covet goodies with the best of them. It is totally out of our budget, but I want to keep our annual family vacation to somewhere warm. Realistically, however, I want a pair of Saucony Grid Triumph size 7 shoes and a set of silverware that actually matches. I'm pretty sure that my shopaholic inlaws have bought me both. Of course, I emailed them links to both.

Kelly
                    In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

You're funny, Kelly. But where is Sven this year?

I don't know what I want for Christmas. I'm, ahem, *trying* not to get all bah-humbugish about it.
                      I would really, really like a chance to go out on a looonnnngggg date with my DH, with both of us well-rested and relaxed.

Comment

A new garage door that actually opens and closes!!!
                        Luanne
                        Luanne
                        wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

Oh, I thought of another thing! I would love to have a full day to myself in a fully stocked commercial kitchen to crank out Christmas cookies.

But I'd trade both of my requests for world peace, Kris.

Comment

mmmmm....Sven, I'd like some of that.

Kelly
                            In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

What I really want? I want my DH to pick out a romantic gift without me picking it out or dropping hints like there is no tomorrow. And I want enough snow for a white Christmas but not too much that we can't make the six hour drive home! :auto:
                              Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

Working...
                              X