Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

What do you want for the holidays?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would like DH to read my mind and figure out what I want, even though I don't really know.....you know, the kind of gift that makes your heart melt?

But, as I snap back to reality.....I have dropped hints about the Seinfeld episodes that have just come out on DVD and I think that is about it. We have not gotten the promised signing bonus from DH's new job yet, so that has put a crimp in our Christmas shopping for each other. I would also love a Kitchen Aid mixer, new pots and pans, a gift card to Barnes and Noble, a laptop computer.......I could go on and on!

I have NO idea what to get DH. I never do.

Sally
    Wife of an OB/Gyn, mom to three boys, middle school choir teacher.

"I don't know when Dad will be home."

Comment

I want a court date to finalize this adoption!!!!

(yes, I need to get there for the first visit.)

Jenn

Comment

Well, like Liz I would like an engagement ring, but probably won't happen this holiday. But, like many others, I want my bf to pick something out on his own.

I would like diamond earrings or something like that. I have a lot of sliver jewlery but no diamonds. A girl needs diamonds' right??

What are you getting your SO?

I bought mine:
        A dress shirt from Nordstorms--can't ever have too many
        A Texas hold em game thingy
        A tie

Comment

Originally posted by Liz2254
          I was hoping for an engagement ring (well, the question more than the ring itself) and those prospects aren't looking so hot. On the up side it looks like I'm still getting some cool jewelry. BF wanted me to help pick it out. Here's what I'm getting (we finished our Christmas shopping online):

necklace:
          http://womenwantjewelry.com/Merchant2/m ... ory_Code=N

earrings:
          http://womenwantjewelry.com/Merchant2/m ... ory_Code=E
          Liz--I LOVE the necklace and earrings. Where did you find that website. Such cute stuff on there. My friend from back home is about to open a boutique and I am sure she would love some of that stuff.

Comment

I would like DH to read my mind and figure out what I want, even though I don't really know.....you know, the kind of gift that makes your heart melt?

This is the perfect answer.

Comment

I want:

1) A regular "date" with a cleaning service for my house
              2) A bunch of really cool costume-jewelry-style necklaces (April Cornell sometimes carries really cool ones - like the choker I have that is a vine of metal leaves interspersed with crystal buds - very old-fashioned)
              3) Some nice maternity clothes - the kind that don't really look like maternity clothes (just normal things and you happen to look like you're carrying a basketball under them ).
              4) A nice purse (living on a tight budget the purse is kind of bottom-of-the-line at the moment)

I will be thrilled if I get ONE thing on this wishlist. We'll see what happens this year....

I have completely given up on getting my husband surprise gifts. The man is such a complete and utter technology nerd that he's always about two steps ahead of whatever is currently popular on the market. It is SOOOO difficult to buy for him that I told him this year he can just get himself whatever he wants.
              His response?

Wooohoooo! A YACHT!

Jennifer
              Who uses a machete to cut through red tape
              With fingernails that shine like justice
              And a voice that is dark like tinted glass

Comment

DH and I are getting an iPod as a joint gift to each other this year, so I've limited our spending on 'individual' gifts to each other to $20 each. We'll see what he comes up with, I would also love for him to get me something that he thinks of himself that I'll love but this almost never happens. Hey, he gets points for trying.
                ~Jane

-Wife of urology attending.
                -SAHM to three great kiddos (2 boys, 1 girl!)

Comment

Jane,

You'll love the ipod! DH just got one for himself as an early Christmas present and I was very cynical at first because of the cost, but we love it so much I don't know what we did without it! He loaded all of his cd's on it so it has a little over 4,000 songs! Now we can never run out of stuff to listen to on long car rides or flights! (And I take it on my walks when he's not looking!)

Comment

My BF qualified for the melting heart thing because he wanted to get me something nice even with my protests that he didn't need to. He said I'm worth it and that I put up with a lot from him. I said who are you and what have you done with my boyfriend? Since he wanted to get me jewelry (last Chrsitmas it was a PDA, anniversary was an MP3 player... if you want technology he's your man) he wanted to be sure I'd like it so we picked it out together.

CGR8979 - we went to a lot of stores and I didn't see anythign I liked that much. he was pretty annoyed (oh, how he loves shopping) so we went home and cruised amazon.com. We came across that neckalce about 30 pages into the search and we both knew it was perfect. We Googled the store (Women Want Jewelry) and shopped off their website. They have a lot of pretty things.

Comment

Working...
                    X