Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Kris, give us an update on

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kris, give us an update on

the "doll house people" I cannot find the previous posts and I am wondering if you are still doing this. Are the people celebrating the holidays? I just think that is so neat that you did this for your daughter. What's new with it all?

The dollhouse family is alive and well. I have kept it up most nights, though I conveniently made it so that "sara" also spends some nights at her grandma's house. That way if I forget or am too tired I have an out!

Recently, Sara's mom had a baby girl and we have found diapers in the little dollhouse.

For Thanksgiving, they were celebrating while we were. Amanda went up to her room and discovered little miniature coke/sprite/orange coke cans all over the house with lots of chairs set up in the dining room/living room. I guess the relatives were over...there was a bowl of cranberry sauce and the plates were all set out and had crumbs on them..so we quickly shut the door to her room so that they could come back out and finish their thanksgiving.

Amanda confides a lot more in this little girl than in me and so it has caused some problems 1. for me (because I'm upset that she doesn't talk to me) and 2. it makes broaching the subject hard if I'm not supposed to know about it.

I found out that Amanda's best friend of a year had been hitting her/calling her names and kicking her under the table whenever she would eat. (Her little friend doesn't eat and doesn't like for Amanda to eat when she is over ) I HAD to address this and so I "confessed" to reading the note she had written Sara before I went to bed....Amanda was furious with me....

I hope she won't be too disappointed when she discovers the truth...right now she is just so proud/happy about having real people living in her dollhouse.
    ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
    ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

Kris, is there any way that "Sara" can leave notes for Amanda? If you could disguise your own handwriting so she didn't recognize it....

At least that way you could communicate with her without betraying her confidence with Sara.

Just an idea I guess.

Jennifer
      Who uses a machete to cut through red tape
      With fingernails that shine like justice
      And a voice that is dark like tinted glass

Comment

Sara does leave notes...I write them on teeny tiny pieces of paper in teeny tiny handwriting. My husband thinks I'm a fruitcake!

kris
        ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
        ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

Working...
        X