Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Should he interview at his 2nd choice?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should he interview at his 2nd choice?

My husband interviewed at his first choice school and was accepted. Should we even bother to go to the interview at the back up school?
    What do you think?

christine

I don't see why not if the second choice school is a close second. If the second choice would've been a miserable choice for the two of you anyway then I'd skip it. I kind of lean towards at least having a comparison by which to "rate" the school to which he was accepted.

BTW Congratulations on his acceptance!

Jennifer
    Who uses a machete to cut through red tape
    With fingernails that shine like justice
    And a voice that is dark like tinted glass

Comment

If he's truly confident in his first choice then I say no. However, if its not a huge expense the second interview couldn't hurt and it might affirm his decision.
      Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

I agree with the above. If it's a distant second, then don't go. Otherwise, cost not being too much, I would go. That way when he is griping in the middle of his 2nd year, you can say "but remember how much more you liked X over Y?"

Comment

It's at LECOM. Which was almost the last resort school. I've heard lots of bad things about that school and not much on the positive side. So if anyone can shed a good light on LECOM, please do so.

Comment

I don't even know what that is! What does LECOM stand for?

Comment

Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine.

Comment

As you may know, my DH is an alum of KCOM (I think that was your husband's first choice?) I wouldn't interview at LECOM...I've heard some negatives about it, too. Just my personal opinion. Congrats on getting into his first choice, regardless of what it was!

Comment

If it's not too inconvenient, I would go for two reasons:

(1) It's always good to check out your options. Unless he has reason to believe that he would be unhappy there, it's always possible that he might be surprised and like it more than his first choice. There's nothing like first hand experience when it comes to evaluating a school.

(2) Experience in interviewing can only help you. I did and 8-year combined undergraduate + med school program, and so I didn't have to interview for med school. Having only interviewed for undergrad (2 interviews), I wished that I had more recent interview experience when it came to start interviewing for residency positions. I know it probably seems premature to be thinking about now, but it's some food for thought.

Good Luck!

Comment

Working...
                  X