Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

What's your favorite....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's your favorite....

restaurant to dine out at and what do you love to order? (Have we done this one before?) What about fast food places too? :yum:

I love to eat at this little mexican restaurant called Mango's that is not a chain and it is fresh and so yummy! I love their shredded meat tacos and their fresh fruit smoothies.

Hmmmm, fast food is harder...depends on my mood. Today I would say Baja Fresh. I would order those loaded nachos.

What about you? 8)

You've made me hungry!

My favorite restaurant is a small Italian place called Bella Monica. Romantic atmosphere and great food. I always order their Baked Ziti. Yum!

Favorite fast food...and pretty much the only fast food I'll eat...is In-N-Out. They are mostly located in California and a few other surrounding states, so we only get to eat there when we visit family. We're heading to California for Christmas...t-minus 18 days till my next In-N-Out burger...my mouth is watering already! I miss In-N-Out so badly that my dream is to open a franchise here in NC!

Comment

Oh Erica...I can't BELIEVE I didn't mention In-N-Out. We have it here in AZ too and I go through brief periods of obsession for their burgers and shakes! Yum, now you've made ME hungry! They are just a quick trip down the road from here.....I'll go eat one soon and think of you. Kidding. Enjoy it when you are in CA soon!!!

Comment

Oh, I'm so jealous! Get extra grilled onions for me please!!

Comment

My fav. restaurant has to be:
          Texas Roadhouse I love to get the chicked fried steak...yummy
          The best part about that place has to be the cinnamon flavored butter they serve with their hot rolls.

My fav. fast food restaurant is by far Chick-fil-A:
          Which they only have in the south...bummer so I never get to go since Im up North...however Menlo Park Mall in NJ has one and when my bf and I go back to visit his family that is always a stop now that I've got him addicted to that place as well.

Comment

Hrm. I don't know whether sushi at Pacific East, Italian at Marotta's (LOVE their gnocchi!), or pub food at Brennan's Colony (we always get nachos to start) wins!

I don't really eat fast food these days but if someone put McDonald's french fries in front of me I don't think I could resist.
            Alison

Comment

Jessica,

Don't tell me you have a Del Taco nearby too! I'm just dying for a breakfast burrito and green burrito!! Their 69 cent burritos allowed us to pay the bills through med school & residency! I just found out there's a Del Taco in Georgia. DH and I are seriously thinking of making the 6-hour trek down there to get our Del Taco fix in between California visits! Pretty pitiful, huh??

Comment

:> uh, yes, we do have a Del Taco too. I have never even gone there and tried anything. Sounds like I should start. CGR, we also have a chickfil-A. In the mall and a drive thru. Ok, I have to stop high jacking this thread with all the fast food glories we have here in AZ. LOL

Comment

Yum! Fun topic!

My favorite restaurant is Frontera Grill, which is owned by Rick Bayless of PBS fame. They don't take reservations, so the wait can be 2+ hours, but it's always worth it. The menu changes regularly, so I like to try things from different regions each time.

I also love a little Thai place in my old neighborhood. It's inexpensive and fast, and the owners are really friendly. And the food is delicious!! The last time I was there I had wild boar curry.

My favorite fast food is Sonic Drive-In, but we don't have that up here. So, I like Chipotle or Baja Fresh.

Comment

CGR8979--my dh shares your liking for chic-fil-a. We live in Missouri, where there are none, but we road trip to KS (Topeka) to eat at their food court just for chic-fil-a. I don't share the same passion for it, but I eat it occasionally. If we fly anywhere South, dh always arranges it so we have a layover in Atlanta. They have a chic-fil in terminal A.
                    My favorite nice restaurant would have to be Wild Fire in Chicago. They have served the best prime rib I've ever had in my entire life!
                    For fast food, I usually go for Arby's. I can't get enough of those cherry turnovers.
                    Awake is the new sleep!

Comment

For nice dining, we like Bonefish Grill- fresh seafood, Atlantic or Gulf and great appetizers and Ceasar's Salad. It's kind of a sexy little place in Destin, not many kids.....only when we go!

For fast dining, the boys like Wendy's....they always have white meat chicken nuggets that are edible! DW loves Sonic....I like Arby's.

Comment

There's a little family-owned restaurant in our neighborhood that we LOVE - Thai Spice. That's where we tend to go when we want to "splurge" on a meal. We've gotten the kids so addicted to Thai food that when we were in D.C. this last summer/fall they ate up everything they could at the Thai festival they hold off of Pennsylvania Ave!

The other place I like is this little pannederia (sp?) in San Antonio that I cannot for the life of me remember its name. But, we go there whenever we're in town.

Jennifer
                        Who uses a machete to cut through red tape
                        With fingernails that shine like justice
                        And a voice that is dark like tinted glass

Comment

Alison- Next time I come to Cleveland I will meet you at the Colony! Yum!
                          Needs

Comment

Hah, I had you in mind as I typed that, Jennifer -- and am now reminded that I have yet to try the margaritas at Lopez.
                            Alison

Comment

TJs in Pennington,NJ. A small Italian restaurant. I usually spend 10 minutes looking at the menu, and 99% of the time I order "Shrimp and Angel Hair". It is Angel hair pasta,shrimp, borccoli and kalamata olives in a white wine,garlic and olive oil. I always order it with extra olives and usually have two glasses of Pinot Grigio. I'm getting hungry now!!!
                              Luanne
                              Luanne
                              wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

Working...
                              X