Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

What's your favorite....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Order out: The burrito place across the street from our building. Very good tamales and cactus burritos. One of the few bright spots of our neighborhood.

Fast food: Subway is pretty much still the only fast food we eat. Our new ritual is that I pick it up on my way home from work on Wednesdays and we eat it while we watch Lost.

Chain restaurants: Our favorite is California Pizza Kitchen.

Real restaurants: Ohhh, so many! One of the perks of urban living. If I'm going to pick just one I'm going to say Vatan, which is Indian food. That's really tied for first with about 5 other restaurants, though, and there are about 20 that get our repeat business.
    Married to a hematopathologist seven years out of training.
    Raising three girls, 11, 9, and 2.

“That was the thing about the world: it wasn't that things were harder than you thought they were going to be, it was that they were hard in ways that you didn't expect.”
    Lev Grossman, The Magician King

Comment

Mmm, my favorite subject!

I have many places that I love to eat at:
      filet mignon with clarified butter at Moretti's
      buffalo chicken dip, sirloin steak with blue cheese butter at The Gaffer
      rigatoni a la vodka at the Lost Dog Cafe
      desserts at Pierce's
      there's a couple places in NYC that dh and I love(how amazing would it be to live there and eat out at every meal?!)

Fast food type stuff:
      Ultimate Colossal Bacon Cheeseburger with fries at Friendly's...with a chocolate shake of course.

Is it any wonder I gained over 50 pounds when I got pregnant?!

Comment

fancy schmancy places:

Give me a good sushi bar or japanese restaurant (i.e. Benihana) any day of the week

DH and I have found a super romantic restaurant that we go to once or twice a year

regular places:
        Chipoltle
        any family owned Mexican restaurant

Kelly
        In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

I'm very into bakeries right now and my favorite is a french bakery, St. Honore, where they have the BEST almond croissant I have ever had. Next up is Pix Patisserie, and if I could ever get a babysitter, I'll take DH there to canoodle in a cozy both and sip moscato and eat fancy-schmancy desserts.
          I've been craving sushi and sake in the worst way and that is next up on the place to find. I also love Mexican food and have found a few good places here but so far they are too healthy. I want a deep-fried cheesy chile rellano. Almost as bad as the sushi.

My favorites in Denver? Jack and Grill for authentic New Mexican, Cucina Colore for the yummiest eggplant and mozzarella pasta, Bandera for the macho chicken salad with cornbread croutons....

I'm hungry.

Comment

Man, now I am starving....

In Seattle-

We have a few that we like-
            - Pizza: Romio's-- yummiest "white pizza," and California Pizza Kitchen
            - Mexican: 1. Gordito's-- really good burritos; 2. Aqua Verde- right behind the UW-- very yummy.
            we hear a place in downtown Seattle- Tia Lou's is supposed to be great authentic Mex. Maybe I will have to hire a sitter next week and take Matt.

-Thai- I like this little place in Ballard- Thaiku- best pad thai with broccoli, and some other stuff I can't remember but YUM!

Fast food- I like Wendy's or Subway. Matt will eat anything, and the kids like any place with French Fries.

In Denver- (we ate out a lot more when we lived in Denver, because we didn't have 2 kids)
            Fancy- The Briarwood: absolutely love their appetizer plate, and their dessert plate. YUM!!!

Italian- Maggiano's Little Italy. Oh my goodness, Italian family style dining- calamari was so good. I haven't found a place like it here in Seattle.

Chipotle- Love, love Chipotle! I was so bummed when we moved to Seattle, and Chipotle didn't exist. Every corner we would drive by with a retail sign- I would say- "Let's contact Chipotle, and tell them about this location" We even went as far as to email Chipotle and beg and plead with them to build one to serve the starving residents of the UW campus. They have since built one about 30 min from us in Bellevue.

Best Fish Tacos- Jalapeno Mexican Grill...

Best Ice Cream- Bonnie Brae Ice Cream. Hands down ever I have had in my life, and better than any store bought stuff... It's almost as good as sex. When I saw my parents in May 2004 (preggers with Brigham), I made my parents drive me to get some ice cream there. When I was pregnant with Emma, I told Matt we better find a really good homemade ice cream shop in Seattle, or the city will have a black mark in my book. We have lived here for 2 1/2 yrs., and the closest thing Seattle has to a mom and pop ice cream shop is Cold Stone Creamery (it's not even in Seattle); so in other words we have yet to find a good mom and pop, ice cream made in the store, shop.

One more place and I will stop=== great bakery on Market Street in Denver. Really good pastries, and deli lunch.

Crystal
            Gas, and 4 kids

Comment

I always heard that Jalepeno had great fish tacos but never went. Did you ever go to Chez Jose in Cherry Creek? That was a standby for us.

I thought of a few other Denver favorites. New Saigon for Vietnamese food. I love that Bryn would eat the noodle bowls and be happy (and quiet) so that DH and I could eat. I loved the roll it yourself peanuty grilled shrimp rolls.

And Saucy Noodle just down the street from Bonnie Brae (or Cucina Leone which has since closed).

And Cherry Cricket! I totally forgot that one! DH and his med school study buddies would always go there after a test. I'd be jealous and so we would usually go some time after that. Oh....the no-tofu veggie sandwich....and a basket of frings.....

I am way to hungry for this stuff at 10am!

Comment

What a delicious topic!

BF and I just moved to Phoenix from Boston, so the comparative lack of non-chain and ethnic restaurants here is taking some getting used to. We haven't had much time to try a lot of the restaurants here, but so far I've enjoyed Oregano's (pizza and Italian...all their pizzas and their meatball sandwich are amazing). and Ra (sushi).

In Boston our favorite restaurants were Tremont 647 and Rouge, both in the South End and owned by the same chef. Rouge was upscale Southern/Cajun cuisine, and everything there was phenomenal (coming from a girl raised in TX and Alabama, that's saying a lot!).

Fast food---As other posters have said, it seems like Phoenix has every fast food restaurant known to man, but my favorites are Baja Fresh, Taco Bell, and Sonic. And I've also come to love In-N-Out burger!

OK, now I'm starving!
                Lindsay

Comment

Working...
                X