Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Holiday Cheer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Holiday Cheer

I'm feeling the spirit!!!! The sump pump pipe is frozen, there is water in the basement, and the car is in the driveway with a flat tire. I'm really feeling the spirit. It is 20 degrees outside and I hate winter. Is it May day yet?
    Luanne
    Luanne
    wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Oh, that just stinks!

Comment

Oh Luanne, that sucks. I hope you get all that stuff fixed and that you get your holiday spirit back in time for Christmas!!!
      ~Jane

-Wife of urology attending.
      -SAHM to three great kiddos (2 boys, 1 girl!)

Comment

Luanne,

Hope things start looking up for you. Maybe this link will bring a smile to your face (as it could be worse).

http://gdch.org/havinga/badday.htm

Comment

Ouch!

Comment

Kevin that was sooo funny. Thanks for helping to put things in perspective.
            Luanne
            Luanne
            wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

Luanne,

Glad you liked it. In general, I shy away from the it "could be worse" sentiment because sometimes it seems to lack empathy or sympathy. But I figured given your situation and good nature you could take it.

Comment

I thought I was having a bad day today...not so much now. There may be something wrong with me, I thought that was so funny, I'm going to go look at it again.

Comment

Thanks Kevin!

Comment

Yeah, I looked through those pictures 3 times already and will probably go back again. I'm one of those evil people that occasionally laughs hysterically when I see somebody trip in public.
                    Luanne, all of those things would suck all by themselves. When it rains, it pours sometimes, huh! I hope things get back to normal soon.
                    Awake is the new sleep!

Comment

Luanne, when it rains it pours. Or maybe I should say when it snows, it blizzards? Have a glass of wine(or two). That always makes things *seem* a bit better.

Kevin, that was hysterical. DH and I keep looking at it and cracking up. Of course I had to pass it on to everyone.

Comment

Chris, Sue, Marla, et al.,

Glad you're enjoying the link. Sue, you're not alone.
                        I'm one of those evil people that occasionally laughs hysterically when I see somebody trip in public. Twisted Evil
                        Many of us laugh at such things at least occasionally. The term for finding humor in the misfortune of others is "Schadenfreude". Heck, this old article (2000) from the BBC I'm linking below asserts that schadenfreude might be "the defining emotion" of the twentieth century. And man, do I love me some "Cops" on tv.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/h2g2/guide/A287255

Comment

That sucks Luanne. Hope things look up. Drink heartily.....and remember that old houses are charming .

Here's my "bad day" story of the week from our neighborhood. Yesterday a Fed Ex guy delivers a package down the street. Apparently, he ran from his van to the house and came back to find it locked. With the engine still running. Blocking traffic on one of the busiest streets in town. Did I mention he was wearing short sleeves in our lovely Cleveland weather? After screeching a stream of profanity, he took of running towards town and returned an hour later to wait with another Fed Ex truck guy until help came. It took about 2 hours. This is now the image I have in my head whenever I contemplate ordering something last minute. Could not have been a good day ......
                          Angie
                          Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite
                          Mom to DS (18) and DD (15) (and many many pets)

"Where are we going - and what am I doing in this handbasket?"

Comment

Luanne...MAN, that STINKS!

How is everything now?

Those pictures, btw, are HYSTERICAL!!!!

kris
                            ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
                            ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

Working...
                            X