Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

New Years Resolutions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Years Resolutions

Who here made Resolutions for 2005? (and what are they )

My resolutions are:

1. to slowly begin an exercise program that I stick with 4 days a week. I don't care how short/long I work out each time, I just would like this year to be the year that I make 'getting moving' a habit.

2. Uncluttering my home: I began before the holidays, but want to get better organized this year!

3. Rediscover my patience with the children (especially my daughter). I find that I was much more reactive this year than normal and I'd like to find my 'Zen' self again.

Generally speaking, I'm looking to find more peace with myself and our new life here in MN.

kris
    ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
    ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

2005...still sounds so strange to me. When I was a kid, it sounded so futuristic. I imagined that we would be living like the Jetsons by now.

Resolutions:

- lose all this extra poundage
    - floss regularly
    - read more books
    - volunteer at the SPCA
    - make peace with my lot in life - which I have come to realize cannot include medical school. (I think losing 50+ pounds will be easier)
    - learn how to be happy, genuinely happy

Comment

Here, here to the flossing!

4 new (albeit "small") cavities.

Comment

Resolutions

Continue to declutter and organize my house and life using th FlyLady system
        Lose 10 pounds
        Exercise three times a week
        FLossing is always a good idea!

Comment

In no particular order:
          1. Spend more time playing with and enjoying my children, and have more patience with them.
          2. Be a better wife, compliment dh more, spend less time stewing about silly issues that really aren't that important in the scheme of things.
          3. Find an ongoing volunteer opportunity that I can do with the kids, and then follow through!!!
          4. Keep up on the laundry, which is the bane of my existence.
          Awake is the new sleep!

Comment

Sue,

I hear ya on the laundry thing. I wish they just made paper, disposable clothing that we could throw away after wearing once. (Not very ecologically sound, I know...but using my washing machine 24/7 can't be good for the environment either!)

kris

Comment

Can I just recycle last year's? Except now I only have 30 pounds to lose instead of 50.

Sad, so sad. :disappointed:

Comment

Oh wow - I started reading this not realizing it was an old one! I'm begining to regret putting my resolutions in "writing" for this year ....

Comment

I'm glad I didn't comment on anything more than the flossing!

My flossing habits still leave something to be desired but have improved over last year.

Comment

It took me reading my old post to realize this was from last year. I failed miserably with most of my resolutions. The closest I got to volunteering was making more of an effort with my elderly neighbor and helping out with some church things. My laundry is still piled up, I still think I need to spend more time with my kids and be a better wife. Damn, what in the h*ll did I do last year???
                    Awake is the new sleep!

Comment

Originally posted by Dagny
                      - make peace with my lot in life - which I have come to realize cannot include medical school. (I think losing 50+ pounds will be easier)
                      When did you have this revalation? I guess I missed something since we talked last must...call...chris...

Comment

Originally posted by j3qpatel
                        Oh wow - I started reading this not realizing it was an old one! I'm begining to regret putting my resolutions in "writing" for this year ....
                        who bumped this? I totally missed that too...and sadly..my name is the first poster!

Comment

aha...forget it, Chris...this was your last year's revelation!

Comment

LOL!

Um, I did OK on nos. 1 and 2, but the rest are just pretty danged hilarious.
                            Alison

Comment

Working...
                            X