Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

THE interview....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• THE interview....

We got back last night, took care of some buisness and totally crashed.

The interview was FANTASTIC.

The program is really excited about Tim coming, I just hope that the residency here does not interfere.

I know that happens sometimes.

Now Tim just needs to decide, one way or the other.

I am so pumped about moving back home, it will be a crushing blow to not move back. Oh the sacrifices we make.

Strange thing though- we got back last night and Tim started talking about starting the "family". Kind of strange timing, but his attitude is "everything is changing". I want kids, lots of them, but right now would kind of be stinky.

Thanks for being there for us- I need all the support I can get.

Anne

Anne- Glad to here the interview went great. I hope you get to move back home! Keep us posted and come here often!

Comment

That is good news--I hope it all works out! That would be hard to have the idea of moving near family dangled in front of you if it doesn't materialize, so I'll keep my fingers crossed that it does.
      Awake is the new sleep!

Comment

Annie, that is WONDERFUL news. I hope that the transition goes smoothly and nothing stands in the way. Will he have to do all three years of IM residency or will he get some credit for his EM time? I can't remember if EM has an internship year or not...

How is his depression? Is he feeling a bit better now that things are looking up for you?

Comment

Things are looking up- he is definately feeling better.

Now the only problem is with getting his license in Ohio.

I don't know if I mentioned this before- but he is considered an "impaired physician".

He is in recovery from alcoholism.

He has a monitoring agreement with the state of Michigan due to being in a treatment program.

I understand the need to protect the patients from impaired physicians, but he is sober and has been for a long time. He is really switching specialities in order to maintain his sobriety. Out of the ER is the best place for an alcoholic. He is making this decision for his health and the safety of everyone involved.

Ohio is thankfully more accepting of these agreements and Tim is more than willing to submit to any sort of monitoring. The directors at the program in Ohio are aware of this information and are working through the details.

When we moved to Michigan it was a fiasco to get the training certificate- so we better start now.

Talk to you all soon- I will keep you posted.

By the way, does anyone have any experience with this sort of thing. I just want to know our legal rights.

Estimations have been done on this sort of thing and it is somewhere in the vicinity of 25% of residents have chemical dependence issues or have already sought treatment.

Anne

Comment

Anne, where in Ohio will you be moving to?
            Mary

Comment

Working...
            X