Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

What would you do with...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What would you do with...

645 million dollars?! That's how much Warren Buffett made in ONE day.

http://money.cnn.com/2005/01/28/news/ne ... tm?cnn=yes

I can't imagine having that much money. I can't even imagine that much money, let alone actually having it. I don't know what I would change though, besides having a personal trainer and a chef. And a thrice-weekly housekeeper.

And I'd have a lot more shoes.

Can you beleive that? Craziness.

Let's see...I'd pay off my mortgage, my parents, my sister's and buy my other sister a house. I'd pay off all our loans, make a big donation to the church, my alma matter, and DH's medical school. I'd quit my job - oh wait that would be the FIRST thing I'd do. Set up trust funds for all my neices and nephews who are yet to be born, our kids who are yet to be born and then I'd spend my life raising my kids and volunteering.

I need to buy a lottery ticket!
    Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

Wow. The guy is amazing. I'll bet there have been days when he's lost a good chunk too.
      I think I'd have a lot more shoes as well. And travel a lot with my family. And I think I would set up some sort of foundation so that I could give away money to interesting projects.
      And I would pay off DH's med school loans. Just got a Direct Loans love letter this afternoon. It could be higher and it's a steal of an interest rate but I hate seeing the lifetime loan figure. Ack. :disappointed:

Comment

I'd do all of the above, make sure that a good portion of money was invested in trusts and such for my future generations, and then....

Then I'd start thinking about the thousands and thousands of women and children forced into prostitution in much of the world every year, the generations being raised in hatred and misery, the medical advances that have yet to be made....

I'm pretty sure I'd run out of ways to spend and save money for myself and my family after a couple hundred million dollars. So, I can see myself become some sort of "trying to save the universe" type of person - and I don't know that I would get very far in that goal, but I'd at least try.

Jennifer
        Who uses a machete to cut through red tape
        With fingernails that shine like justice
        And a voice that is dark like tinted glass

Comment

He'll only get to keep about half of that if he was to cash in and sell the shares. But $322 mil is still a lot of money. We'd definitely pay off med school loans, invest a good chunk of it, buy bigger places for our parents and a fabulous one for ourselves (one that would include a walk-in close for my shoes). Oh and hire a full time housekeeper.

Comment

I'd fund development of evironmentally friendly vehicles and housing, I'd fund a scholarship or two, I'd contribute to the DC public education system and the public transportation system ($100 mil each) and I'd finish my basement. (or maybe just buy a bigger house) I'd probably also buy out my husband's military obligation, although if he had to start paying malpractice insurance, he'd need the rest of the money...

Jenn

Comment

Re: What would you do with...

I'd help all the people that have been so kind to me over the last 32 yrs (mailmen, teachers, neighbors, etc). I would obviously make sure that my family and close friends were taken care of for life. I would give a lot of money to the community mental health center I worked for in Philly. I met so many amazing families that could use a second chance. I'm a social worker so I would fund any viable social program that I could. Personally, I would go on an African safari and swim with the dolphins in the Tropics (2 of my dreams). Jen

Comment

Working...
              X