Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Valentine's Day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Valentine's Day

Well, it's that time of year again, have any of you gotten your Valentine a wonderful gift?

I got DW a 1/2hr massage, facial, manicure and pedicure at the "ritzy" spa in Destin- don't tell but I got a helluva deal! I am surprising her with it, unfortunately it is tomorrow, since they are booked solid until the 26th! The boys and I are picking her up from work then going to drop her off for a couple hours of pampering.
    Not for TMI, but the intimacy level in this house has been at the "hold hands at the movie theater" stage for many months....maybe this will pick it up to the "make out like school kids in the backseat of the car" level. :---

:md: You go, Matt. That sounds like a nice treat for your sweetie.

I think that if DH and I got in the backseat, we would take a nap. But that does sound like fun....

I think we are going to see a movie and have a cup of coffee for an afternoon (kids with the neighbors, woohoo!).

Comment

That sounds wonderful!! I haven't managed to get anything for DH yet, but I doubt he has even thought of the approaching holiday, let alone a gift.

Our intamcy level has been low here too. In order to somehow try to curb this, we've decided that we will go out alone twice a month. I think it's about all we can manage. Too bad we don't have any family nearby (less than 2000 miles away) to take advantage of an overnighter. I hope that your wonderful gift sets of some sparks for you.
      Heidi, PA-S1 - wife to an orthopaedic surgeon, mom to Ryan, 17, and Alexia, 11.

Comment

Awesome gift Matt! If my dh were to send me off for such pampering, he would for sure score!
        I'm not sure what we are going to do--dh starts the ICU on that day, so I doubt we'll have a momentous valentine's day. Maybe I should plan something special for the weekend before.
        Awake is the new sleep!

Comment

What a great gift! Can you call my husband?

Your DW is a lucky lady!
          Cranky Wife to a Peds EM in private practice. Mom to 5 girls - 1 in Heaven and 4 running around in princess shoes.

Comment

Please call my DH too.
            Luanne
            Luanne
            wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

Good choice, Matt!

I think BF is on call on VDay, so that's too bad. I haven't thought about what to get him-- maybe a massage. THere's a massage school near us that has good prices.

Comment

Wow - your wife is in for a treat!! I am hoping for a baby surprise by valentines day... I haven't even thought about the actual holiday... dh will probably be on call, knowing our luck this year .

Jen B.

Comment

Call my DH too. I would LOVE a day of pamering, thats a great idea.

DH probably won't remember the holiday, and I usually make him a card and write something heartfelt on it, and maybe we'll have a nice dinner. Thats about it. We don't really go all out for V-Day. Maybe when DD and any other future kids are old enough to get into it we'll make a bigger deal about it. I remember decorating the house with hearts and streamers when I was a kid. Ha, but then DH and I would probably want some alone time. I guess we should take advantage of our one kid going to bed early now, before its too late!

Comment

Last year I picked my gift, ordered it, had it gift wrapped and had his name signed to the card, and then mailed it to myself.

Hopefully I'll be on the road so I don't have to be annoyed that he couldn't even figure out how to buy a stupid flower from the giftshop at the hospital.

He's really a nice guy buy holidays were meaningless in his household growing up- and that's a mighty hard habit to break. (and he's lazy and forgetful on top of it!)

Jenn

Matt- you ROCK. Tell Gretchen you have successfully ruined 350 other men's Valentine's Days...

Comment

What a great idea, Matt. Maybe you can offer to follow up with massages each night after the kids go to bed. :---

kris
                      ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
                      ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

Thanks for making me feel good about my gift choices!!

It went very well, she looked like she was almost asleep walking out of the salon! The nail person wasn't there, so she will have to get her manicure & pedicure another day.

A special gift from my point of view would be some dedicated time- but you have to realize that I am in the role of "desperate housewife" here. I am also into homemade gifts, cards, coupons for 'favors', chores, time alone and stuff. It makes her smile.

sorry, I am pretty simple and easy.

Comment

Way to go Matt. What a wonderful gesture your wife will be sure to cherish forever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We too are in the "hand holding" stage once again with the introduction of an infant in our house again. He is a GREAT baby -- easy by many peoples' standards but nonetheless we're tired and I'm nursing so....well you get the picture!

Flynn

Wife to post training CT surgeon; mother of three kids ages 17, 15, and 11.

“It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.” —Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets " Albus Dumbledore

Comment

Working...
                          X