Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Squishy toilet seats...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Squishy toilet seats...

Anyone have one? We bought one the other day and installed it and I can't decide if I like it or not...it feels so plasticky.
    ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
    ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

I'm not a fan of the squishy seat... but I know that it's a very personal decision. I'm not one to hang out there more than necessary so the cushion is unnecessary.

Comment

Personally, I don't enjoy the squishyness. But I do think they are warmer than the standard seats.

Sally
      Wife of an OB/Gyn, mom to three boys, middle school choir teacher.

"I don't know when Dad will be home."

Comment

We don't have them either....I think they feel funny too.
        Cranky Wife to a Peds EM in private practice. Mom to 5 girls - 1 in Heaven and 4 running around in princess shoes.

Comment

I'm not a fan of them either. We do basic white--though I've seen some wood veneer ones that are pretty darn classy !
          Awake is the new sleep!

Comment

We had a squishy cover when we moved into this house. But, we quickly replace it because the vinyl kind of split on it - impossible to clean and kind of gross! After that experience we're sticking with the cold, hard toilet seat covers.

Jennifer
            Who uses a machete to cut through red tape
            With fingernails that shine like justice
            And a voice that is dark like tinted glass

Comment

If you hide in the bathroom to have time for yourself and read like I occasionally do, they CAN be nice. The draw backs are sticking to them, cleaning them, and especially if they split they are awful.
              I don't have one and I think I prefer the hard ones, older folks tend to have them a lot more than younger ones. I wonder why that is?

Comment

Originally posted by christine
                I don't have one and I think I prefer the hard ones, older folks tend to have them a lot more than younger ones. I wonder why that is?
                Thats funny, when I started reading this thread my first thought was I don't like the squishy seats because they remind me of my grandma's house and that grandma's house smell. But I don't like sticking to them either. I've always had hard ones, and I prefer them.

Speaking of toilet seats, (how often do you get to say that?) DH has always wanted a heated toilet seat. I didn't know such things existed. I don't know how I would like that. I always hate it when I sit in a chair and its still warm from its previous user. :|

Comment

Working...
                X