Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Academy Awards?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Academy Awards?

Who is watching the awards this year? I never do(except for the red carpet pre-show ). I am definitely going to catch it this year with Chris Rock as the host. Very curious.

Chris Rock should be good -- are they putting a five second delay on him?
    Yup...the wusses. He's got a bit of a um, potty mouth, but I think he is hysterical.

Comment

expecting Baby #2 11-2-05
      WHAAAT?? Dude, you people have to stop sneaking these announcements in the back door! (Did I just miss the announcement?) Congrats!
      Married to a hematopathologist seven years out of training.
      Raising three girls, 11, 9, and 2.

“That was the thing about the world: it wasn't that things were harder than you thought they were going to be, it was that they were hard in ways that you didn't expect.”
      Lev Grossman, The Magician King

Comment

Congratulations Dagny!!! I never would have noticed that unless Julie pointed it out.
        Re: the academy awards--I never watch those shows. Those people have so much fame and fortune that it seems kind of asinine to me. It seems like every other week they are dressing in slutty outfits and giving each awards for something. I do like Chris Rock though, he'll probably be an excellent host!
        Awake is the new sleep!

Comment

Thanks! I held it in for as long as I could and was patiently waiting for someone to notice. We are *really* excited. More so than with our first. I think because now we know a little more of what to expect.

Sue, I love to get on eonline.com and rate the outfits. They have weekly updates. People have some baaaaad taste!

Comment

Originally posted by Dagny
            Thanks! I held it in for as long as I could and was patiently waiting for someone to notice. We are *really* excited. More so than with our first. I think because now we know a little more of what to expect.
            I thought you said this cycle wasn't successful! Congratulations! :ra:
            Alison

Comment

congrats Dagny! I saw the tagline and then thought I must have missed the announcement in the parenting section! How exciting!

jennifer
              Needs

Comment

And the award for most concealed pregnancy announcement goes to.......

DAGNY!!!!

Congratulations--and I DO watch the awards. It is one of those weird personal rituals. I'll probably tivo it, and put it on when I'm puttering about when my daughter is in kindergarten.
                Angie
                Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite
                Mom to DS (18) and DD (15) (and many many pets)

"Where are we going - and what am I doing in this handbasket?"

Comment

Definitely watching! (especially since I spend a lot of time on the couch in front of the TV these days nursing the little one.)

Comment

Alison, I thought this cycle wasn't a success either - good thing I took another test! (anyone who knows me knows that I test all the freakin' time!!! )

I just wanted to see if you guys were paying attention!

Comment

I like seeing what they're wearing, too! But if the Golden Globes were any indication, there will be fewer shockers this year.

Congratulations, Chris!

Comment

Did you guys see those ladies who were leading people off the stage?? They dwarfed even the tallest actors! (not that there is anything wrong with being tall, it was just....really shocking to see how shrimpy everyone else looked )

Comment

Congrats Dagny! I'm really excited for you.

I didn't watch but I went to online to see what the dresses looked like.

I read this article yesterday that Britney, Pamela A, and Paris H. were not invited because they might conduct themselves badly and steal the show away from the actors. Or otherwise their dogs might create a rucus.

Comment

Hi Nattysmor!! Good to see you around again!

Comment

Thanks Matt! I'm still here, just being a lazy lurker.

Comment

Working...
                              X