Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Global warming, my arse!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Global warming, my arse!

I was watching the Weather Channel tonight and the NE is ~20 degrees below average. I can't remember the last time it was above freezing. It's almost March!!!! We are in a winter storm warning right now, with an expected 6-12 inches. :disappointed: I am positively *itching* to get outside and go for some walks.

Any other NE'ers want to complain?

Just had to let that out.

we're kind of enjoying the winter weather (other than the fact that I'll have to sell my blood to buy more heating oil). We've made lots of snowmen.
    And my daughter loves to eat snow (frank zappa notwithstanding )
    Enabler of DW and 5 kids
    Let's go Mets!

Comment

I'm ready to pack up and move to Aruba. I hate winter and we expecting more snow tonight.
      Luanne
      Luanne
      wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

Okay, you guys are going to hate me for this- but I have had the air conditioner running for the past week here in south Texas. It is so muggy out. The scary part is- if the temperature is like this in the dead of winter, imagine what August is going to feel like . Just revel in that.

Comment

Ugh, I've been so ready for spring to get here! It's in the low 40's here today which isn't nearly as cold as up north, but still pretty chilly!

Comment

Oh boy I'd trade my summers in Texas for these Boston winters (as long as I had a good air conditioner )!

I prefer hot weather as it is so this endless snow and dreary skies has been killing me. Sometimes I think I actually moved to Alaska....

Jennifer
            Who uses a machete to cut through red tape
            With fingernails that shine like justice
            And a voice that is dark like tinted glass

Comment

Snow doesn't sound so bad (easy for me to say) but those temps! Brrr!!

Comment

I guess I'm in the minority here (or maybe it's easier for me to say since I just got back from a warm and sunny Caribbean vacation! 8) ), but I happen to really love snow and winter and cold temperatures. I don't do well in extreme heat and humidity, I'll take a cold and snowy day over a hot and muggy one anytime. I guess we picked the right place to live, since it's cold and snowing as I type this!
                ~Jane

-Wife of urology attending.
                -SAHM to three great kiddos (2 boys, 1 girl!)

Comment

I feel the need to share why I was b!tching so much.

Here are pictures of my deck: Note the railing - I am not short and that hits my HIP. And my dogs ain't small either. Poor guys, nothing is funnier than seeing dogs chest deep in snow trying to run. They leap out of it like dolphins.

Seriously, WHERE is spring???

Comment

Looks perfect for a walk ....maybe even a nice picnic! This global warming is crazy!
                    Angie
                    Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite
                    Mom to DS (18) and DD (15) (and many many pets)

"Where are we going - and what am I doing in this handbasket?"

Comment

After yet ANOTHER snow/ice storm last night, which cancelled a MUCH NEEDED outing that I was going to have with other moms, I am ready to jump on the next plane to Cancun!!!!

I think someone forgot to tell mother nature that it is now MARCH. Where is the sun??? (and to think I am moving somewhere even COLDER next winter!!!)

Jen

Comment

Thank you for the wonderful reminder of why I am so $%# glad I moved to the south. Ahhhhhhhhh.

I really do hate the cold and scnow and can take the hot humid weather any day. I felt so shut in when we lived in Albany, and did not have a hard time saying goodbye to that!

I get to play outside a lot more here, and I love it. #1 thing I like about intern year - we moved from the NE.
                        Heidi, PA-S1 - wife to an orthopaedic surgeon, mom to Ryan, 17, and Alexia, 11.

Comment

I hear you Jen - I thought our house would blow away last night! Shoveling the walk just makes it worse, cause of inches of ice beneath the snow.
                          yikes.
                          Enabler of DW and 5 kids
                          Let's go Mets!

Comment

That is a great pic of the snow.

Our pool should be swimmable in a few days....it is about 70 degrees right now. You are all welcome to come and take in the sun, through the next couple weeks, highs around 75. Let me know your favorite beverages!!

Comment

Strawberry daquiri please. Will arrive on Flt. number 3267 (United). Should I take a cab or are you sending the car and driver?

Angie
                              Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite
                              Mom to DS (18) and DD (15) (and many many pets)

"Where are we going - and what am I doing in this handbasket?"

Comment

Working...
                              X