Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

are you kidding me? god I hate medicine.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

and...

to our fellow medical spouses: take deep, soothing breathes and walk away. We need not engage in inflammatory and degrogatory commentary. We will pull the post if this person comes back to insult any other of our members.

"Military MD" - Welcome to iMSN, a support network for medical SPOUSES. So, if you're the spouse, welcome, introduce yourself and in the future, please refrain from insulting other spouses. If you would like to make a statement about the value of a SAH parent, go to the debate section. If you're the doc, please send your spouse here, he/she probably needs us. If you're a doc and aren't married, hmmm, go figure...

Jenn

Comment

chuckle chuckle chuckle
      Flynn

Wife to post training CT surgeon; mother of three kids ages 17, 15, and 11.

“It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.” —Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets " Albus Dumbledore

Comment

:!

Comment

Happy Birthday Flynn
          Angie
          Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite
          Mom to DS (18) and DD (15) (and many many pets)

"Where are we going - and what am I doing in this handbasket?"

Comment

Adding to the hype on Pittsburgh. My best friend from high school lived there while her DH was at Carnagie-Mellon and LOVED it. Also have 2 other friends who live there now and really love the atmosphere. Houses aren't outragiously priced either.

They have the Mr. Rogers set at the Children's Museum! How can a city that has that be bad?

Comment

me too.
              :!
              Luanne
              wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

ugh..don't feed the trolls, people.

kris
                ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
                ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

Flynn,

[hat in hand]-- I hope that you didn't find my suggestion to seek a GS position offensive. It certainly was not my intention to offend another surgery spouse about decisions that are damn hard to make. I truly was only trying to offer insight, but clearly I don't know what I'm talking about. Perhaps I should take care of my own little peds. surgery fellow-to-be, no? I, of course, have this all figured out.

Certainly you are correct in that any GS practice would be leary in hiring a fellowship trained surgeon. I'm just hoping that there is a happy ending for all of us out there at the end of a very long road.

Anyway best of luck to you and yours,

Kelly
                  In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

Kelly -- no offense taken at all!!!! Sorry if my post sounded snotty I get irritated with all the "it isn't done" rules when medicine is concerned -- NOT with your question(s).

Your questions were asked by me when we started this whole thing about another year. It seems logical.

Ahh. Gotta go. Toddler needs me!
                    Flynn

Wife to post training CT surgeon; mother of three kids ages 17, 15, and 11.

“It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.” —Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets " Albus Dumbledore

Comment

I'm doomed. I feel like this and DH isn't even IN med school yet

Comment

Working...
                      X