Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Interviewing, Interviewing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interviewing, Interviewing

DH had the KC interview yesterday, will be at his brother's bachelor party in FL for the weekend, returning on Monday only to fly out 3 hours later for the Philly interview. Fortunately DH is not a drinker, so at least he won't be hung-over. The bachelor party tickets were booked for about 4 days before the interview offers came in .... or I would have quashed it.

Meanwhile I'm on pins & needles waiting to see how things pan out. I CANT TAKE MUCH MORE OF THINGS I CAN'T CONTROL HAVING SUCH CONTROL OVER MY LIFE! Not to mention that all this traveling means that dh is gone for 7 days straight so I'm la mama sola w/team head contusion here at home.

Slightly stressed..... :thud:

Jenn, good luck in the job search! 7 days alone with the kiddos . I'm at my wit's end after a call weekend and I only have 1.

Where are you hoping to end up?

Comment

I feel your pain, though I can't imagine having kids while going through all this uncertainty. I too am on pins and needles and I hate having no control over my own life. We will find out next Thursday where we will match! I'm completely stressed and I'm trying to keep myself busy so I won't have to think about it.

Comment

We wanted to end up in Cleveland, but the job market is pretty tight so that doesn't look likely. We've got interviews in KC & Philly, and there are +/- for both. At this point I'm so stressed that I just want an offer and a decision.

Comment

Hang in there

I feel your pain, Jenn. I know it is freezing, but try and get outside for some fresh air! Bubble bath and glass of wine are always a help. When we first moved back to RI, Kev stayed in Philly and I was alone with a 3yr old and a 3month old for one month. I let the housework go and went to bed super early every night. It was the only way to survive. If you guys end up in Philly, I can help you. We lived ther for 4 yrs (Kev went to PCOM). It was a nice city. Good luck!

Comment

I am here too. We are in Princeton, 45 minutes from Philadelphia. If you end up here and need a place to stay while looking for housing, consider us a free B&B!!!!
            Luanne
            Luanne
            wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

Awesome. Thank you so much. I'm so glad I found this board!

Comment

And we'd be happy to host you guys in KC if you end up heading our direction. I'm partial, but we really love it here!
                Awake is the new sleep!

Comment

An OFFER!

Okay - so we FINALLY got an offer from KC! We know that U Penn isn't even meeting again to discuss candidates until 4/18. There's planning in the works for dh & I to go down to KC and look around ......

:= := :thud:

Talk about a roller coaster ride!

Thanks for all of your support!

Comment

Great news -- you're one step closer!
                    Congratulations

Comment

Jenn, congratulations! That's wonderful news!

Comment

CONGRATS!!!!!! Keep us posted!!!

Comment

Congratulations!! You will love Kansas City, especially at this time of the year....unless you have allergies! Be sure to take time and visit The Plaza, it is very nice.

oh yeah, if you like BBQ you are moving to the right place, try Houston's and order, 'the fork & knife ribs'....they are great.

...I miss the midwest....

Comment

:= := :=

That is great news!!!!! Congrats!!!!

Crystal
                            Gas, and 4 kids

Comment

That's just great! Are you planning to wait to hear from Penn, or just jump on the Kansas City offer? Do they have a deadline for you to decide? We had a similar situation with DH deciding between an offer in hand and a program that wouldn't make a decision until after a meeting. After he talked to the undecided program about his existing offer, he was given their offer by the end of the day. Sometimes they don't realize you are in a different stage with other places. I'm so happy for you!
                              Angie
                              Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite
                              Mom to DS (18) and DD (15) (and many many pets)

"Where are we going - and what am I doing in this handbasket?"

Comment

Working...
                              X