Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Happy Birthday to Me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Happy Birthday to Me

So I now belong to the "mid 30s" category as I turned 34 today. PHEW where did the time go?

My kids are giving me my best gift right now as they have BOTH been down for their afternoon nap together for over an hour. There IS a god.

DH finished his "great hours" rotation last night so we're back to crappy hours as of today but we had three months together so I can take it if I have to. He was home almost every night for dinner and home almost every weekend. What a treat!

DS is almost 6 months, rolling over, can sit up if you put him in the position, and babbling like a maniac!! DD is two and a half, VERY VERBAL to the point of cracking me up daily and very happy we all get cupcakes for Mommy's birthday. Cupcakes are right up there with Elmo and M & Ms! I get almost hourly hugs because "it's Mommy's birthday and she's a special girl!"

We put the whole "extra year of training" thing to rest. We're going to take our chances in....15 months and be DONE!!!!!!!!!! I can't believe it so right now it seem surreal. Done? Soon? Huh?

Anyway, that's our update.
    Flynn

Wife to post training CT surgeon; mother of three kids ages 17, 15, and 11.

“It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.” —Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets " Albus Dumbledore

Happy Birthday!
    Married to a hematopathologist seven years out of training.
    Raising three girls, 11, 9, and 2.

“That was the thing about the world: it wasn't that things were harder than you thought they were going to be, it was that they were hard in ways that you didn't expect.”
    Lev Grossman, The Magician King

Comment

Happy Birthday!!!

Enjoy the hugs and the cupcakes!

Jenn

Comment

I read and responded to your post in the "April Fool's" thread before I came here, but "Happy Birthday" anyway. Have a great day!!
        ~Jane

-Wife of urology attending.
        -SAHM to three great kiddos (2 boys, 1 girl!)

Comment

Happy Birthday!!

Comment

Happy Birthday, Flynn!

Comment

Hope you had a great day!

Comment

:ra: Happy day.
                Luanne
                Luanne
                wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

A belated HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Flynn!

Jennifer
                  Who uses a machete to cut through red tape
                  With fingernails that shine like justice
                  And a voice that is dark like tinted glass

Comment

Happy Birthday!!!!

~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
                    ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

Flynn, I hope you had a wonderful birthday!!!

Comment

http://www.doozycards.com/create.php?card_id=179&fd=P

Ok I cheated a little....but this card is so cute I had to do it!
                        Happy Birthday Flynn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                        X