Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Home buying/moving question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think washing the windows in and out makes a huge difference! Our realtor suggested it and we were a bit skeptical but -- WOW-- it made the house look great in a way you couldn't put your finger on. Maybe it furthered the impression of clean?

Comment

It will sure have a response in my house! I can't remember the last time I did it AND the crayon-on-window-look isn't so trendy these days.

Comment

Okay folks, Dh printed out UW Madison's Year 1 and 2 Event calender and got a letter from the associate dean talking about "moving day" being August 15th and classes beginning on the 16th.

Does that mean that there is a city wide day when leases change over on Aug 15th like there is in Boston/Cambridge?

Good Maude, I hope not!

Comment

I just read an article in the paper over the weekend about things to do when you go to sell your house. The basic gist of it was that things you think are a huge eyesore and a big deal to fix can be pretty minor to a potential buyer, and the small things can sometimes make a big difference. (Basically what other people have already said.)

We like "Sell This House" (Sunday nights on A&E) better than "Designed to Sell," they have some amazing transfomations and ideas.
          ~Jane

-Wife of urology attending.
          -SAHM to three great kiddos (2 boys, 1 girl!)

Comment

Okay folks, Dh printed out UW Madison's Year 1 and 2 Event calender and got a letter from the associate dean talking about "moving day" being August 15th and classes beginning on the 16th.

Does that mean that there is a city wide day when leases change over on Aug 15th like there is in Boston/Cambridge?
            Hey there,
            DH and I are both Madison alumni (from undergrad) and I can tell you that in terms of the housing/apts where most UNDERGRADS live, yes, the vast majority of leases do turn over on 8/15 every year. Of course, there are exceptions though... and since you're married with kids I am thinking you are going to not want to live in the middle of undergrad-land but maybe further into the 'burbs. I don't know for sure, but I think when you get away from the core area where the undergrads rent, things are evened out more in terms of move in/out dates throughout the year. Good luck! I'm envious you're moving to Madison!

Comment

Working...
            X