Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

World's Biggest Garage Sale - Day 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• World's Biggest Garage Sale - Day 1

Okay - I did it. I pulled together a MONSTER garage sale in 3 days. I have so much stuff out there that several people have asked me if this is multi-family and once they looked at the size of my house they asked me where I had put it all. I sold $175 in day one and dh said "it doesn't look like you sold anything!" :> That $175 was achieved by selling no single item for more than $4, and most items for $.50 or $1

I'm exhausted. :thud:

Day 2 is tomorrow. If any Cleveland area folks are interested in picking up the bargain of a lifetime PM me & I'll send you the details.

:ra:

Yeah, good for you!!!!
    ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
    ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

And that was just on a weekday!
      Good luck tomorrow. I love getting garage sale $$$.

Comment

WOW. No wonder you're exhausted. That's awesome! I imagine you'll get cleaned out tomorrow. It will feel so good to be rid of all that stuff!

Hey, did you get any whack-jobs showing up before dawn?

Comment

No one before dawn (and I WAS out there setting up). Some right before "opening" who felt free to rummage through boxes as I was setting up and go around my garage even though everything for sale was on the driveway.

My favorite was the Russian / Jewish Orthodox woman (I live in an Orthodox neighborhood) who asked my price for VHS movies ($1/ea), proceeded to pick 4 then said "$3 ?" I said okay, she added another and said "$3 ?", I caved at $3.50 ONLY b/c the 5th tape she picked was "Madonna: Immaculate Collection" and I KNOW she didn't realize what it actually was. I'm evil, but I thought it was funny. :witch:

Comment

Ya gotta love the hagglers! I always cave in to them, so I guess I suck at garage saleing. You made twice what I have ever made on your first day--congrats!!! We're having a big garage sale in a few months and I'm already setting aside all the crap that I don't need/use anymore. We're hoping to use the money we make on our trip.
            Awake is the new sleep!

Comment

Awesome!!!! I wonder if there are rules for having sales when it's rental property? :> My dad had a HUGE sale after my mom left him and made $1200 in 3 days Needless to say, he was/is a huge pack rat and my mom just left with the stuff she absolutely needed. She made him deal with all the rest!!

I'm so glad it's going well! You should be very proud!!!! :star:

Comment

Good for you! I am very jealous as the clutter is mounting around my house
                Wife to a Urologist. Mom to DD 15, DD 12, DD 2, and DD 1!
                Native Jayhawk, paroled from GA... settling in Minnesota!

Comment

Day 2 was stinky, although a big problem was alleviated for us. We only made another $85 (boo).

The upside is our neighbors put some stuff on their lawn to join in the sale, and it turns out they were selling the identical wacky toddler bed from Ikea that we have for my oldest. The little guy is in need of a little bed now, too, and I want them in the same room, so I was stressed out that the beds wouldn't match, etc. for showing the house. We had this crazy plan mapped out for tomorrow that involved renting a cargo van, driving 45 minutes to my in-laws to retrieve 1 twin bed, driving 45 minutes back this way to borrow another twin bed from a friend, then coming home to set it all up. This way we spent $75 on the silly little bed, we have 2 matching silly little beds and don't have to rent a van / pay for gas / waste a day! Yippee!

Now I just have to get rid of all of the extra junk I still have .....

Comment

Working...
                  X