Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

I just had my appendix out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I just had my appendix out

The pain started Friday, Saturday night I was operated on. Before this i'd never spent a night in a hospital. I was realeased Monday around 9pm. Here I sit, it's not pleasant.

It's a new experience for me, and a yucky one.

I am off work for a week, if not more.
    Just sharing my lovely weekend experience with everyone.

My dad just had his appendix out a few months ago. He wasn't happy about the whole situation either.
    Here's to a week of resting and a fast recovery!

Comment

Feel better soon! Surgery / hospitals are never fun -- but even worse when you know the inner-workings!

Comment

Whoa! Well, at least you'll never have to do it again. Heal fast!
        Married to a hematopathologist seven years out of training.
        Raising three girls, 11, 9, and 2.

“That was the thing about the world: it wasn't that things were harder than you thought they were going to be, it was that they were hard in ways that you didn't expect.”
        Lev Grossman, The Magician King

Comment

Bummer--I hope you feel better soon! Abdominal surgery is never fun to recover from.
          Awake is the new sleep!

Comment

Feel better. Watch a lot of TV this week!!
            Luanne
            Luanne
            wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

Ouch! Hope you have a speedy recovery!
              Cranky Wife to a Peds EM in private practice. Mom to 5 girls - 1 in Heaven and 4 running around in princess shoes.

Comment

Yuck -- that's not a fun way to spend the weekend!
                I hope you are feeling better soon.
                Take care of yourself.

Comment

Feel better soon!

Sally
                  Wife of an OB/Gyn, mom to three boys, middle school choir teacher.

"I don't know when Dad will be home."

Comment

Wow! Yikes! I hope that you get well soon.

Kelly
                    In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

OK - that is an acceptable excuse for not posting over the weekend. I hope you are feeling better soon. Rest up!
                      Angie
                      Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite
                      Mom to DS (18) and DD (15) (and many many pets)

"Where are we going - and what am I doing in this handbasket?"

Comment

Ouch, I hope you're well on the road to recovery!
                        ~Jane

-Wife of urology attending.
                        -SAHM to three great kiddos (2 boys, 1 girl!)

Comment

I hope the recovery goes smoothly. Take it easy and get pampered.

Comment

off

Thanks for all the well wishes. It was truly a suprise in what is a very anxious time in my life. Immigration is almost finished and i'll be moving my life there and finishing it here soon.
                            I must say that i'm truly disappointed with daytime tv. I'm stuck lying on the sofa with my feet up most the time. My mother in law called my hubby to give him crap for not sending me flowers while I was in the hospital. I get a long quite well with her fortunately. Since hubby and I are long distance, we could only talk on the phone throughout my hospital stay but we did many times. I hadn't even thought of flowers till she mentioned it.

I must say, I am truly blessed with all the wonderful people I have in my life and so lucky. I had about 15 visitors a the hospital in my 4 day stay and many more calls. Also, many well wishes from all of you.

I'm minus 1 appendix, but plus one realization of how lucky I am to have such wonderful people in my life. :chat:

Comment

Wow what a crazy time for you! Glad it all came out ok
                              Just think, soon you'll have american TV - the envy of the civilized universe!
                              Enabler of DW and 5 kids
                              Let's go Mets!

Comment

Working...
                              X