Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Survivor Frog

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Survivor Frog

This was a really, really busy weekend for us, and in the midst of Andrew's Cinderella play, one of our frogs (a hand-sized water frog) escaped from our aquarium. I just happened to walk into the boy's room and notice one was not anywhere to be found in the water. We have 4 cats and I naturally feared the worst. :| I was too afraid to actually look around the house...I carefully looked through the room, but beyond that....I was afraid of what I would find.

Also, these are water frogs so I knew that even if the cats hadn't found it...it would be a goner...

About 30 minutes after discovering it was missing, I walked into our bathroom and discovered two of our cats hovering over something. I started screaming and shrieking at the top of my lungs which scared the cats right out of the room.

Then...I shut the door and called Thomas in to take care of the frog. He refused! (He didn't want to see it either!!!) Suddenly, I heard a scratching sound at the bathroom door. I carefully opened the door only to see that the frog had made its way all the way across the bathroom and was right at the door.

I poured some water over it and..it moved. I didn't notice any limbs missing or big bites taken out of it or...even any blood.

Alex (age 6) picked up the frog and put it in a bucket of water. It's skin was really a pale beige instead of the dark brown that it is supposed to be and it looked like it wasn't going to make it.

We put it back in the aquarium with the others and it's buddy came up to it and immediately went into some mating grip (men, geeesh! just kidding guys )

To make a long story short, the only injuries that it had involved the webbing on its feet and a teeny injury to its...behind. So....I got some tetracycline for the tank and just decided to watch and see...

And...the frog was back to its normal color by the next day and now is back to being its perfectly normal self!

~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
    ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

If only that frog knew how lucky it is! I'm glad you didn't have to witness any frog carnage and that everything worked out ok.

How did the play go?

Comment

This is clearly an experience of a mother of boys. I know, I know, girls are perfectly CAPABLE of having frogs, too ---- but it sure doesn't happen as often.

I'm often at a loss when the "boys are being boys". I was an only child (and a girl, obviously), with 2 girl cousins ... not a whole lot of testosterone floating around when I was little. Now I'm surrounded!

Comment

Wow, that sounds like quite the resilient frog!
        By the way Jenn, I see you are KC bound!!! Yay!
        Awake is the new sleep!

Comment

Working...
        X