Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Do you all remember me?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you all remember me?

Hi! I used to post here, but I quit posting I guess about 3 years ago. I often think about the old online group I used to be in and decided today to google the medical spouse group and found you. For those of you who may remember, I believe I went by the name of "househog". The main person I remember being really close to was a sweet girl named Christy Phares. I'm not sure if she still posts here.

So, I guess I should reintroduce myself. My husband is an orthopedic surgeon. He finished residency almost 5 years ago at LSUMC in Shreveport, LA and he also did a peds fellowship at the Shriners Hospital there. He has been in the same private practice for the last 5 years and the practice is flourishing and doing well. My husband and I have been married for almost 15 years. We got married just before he entered med. school, so I've been through the whole ordeal with him. You guys were there for me when we were going through boards and trying to find a practice and all of that.

I guess I got out of posting because I got busy doing other things and it was a good thing for me. My kids got into school and I was able to do some things for myself for once. I was invited to a really neat tennis club here and found out that I was really good at tennis. I've been working with a couple of tennis pros for the past 3 1/2 years or so and have worked my way up in the tennis rankings. I'm on a local team and also play tournaments and on teams in the USTA (the national tennis association). A year and a half ago, I also started bodybuilding and entered my first figure competition last month. I placed pretty well and came home with a couple of nice trophies. It was a really neat accomplishment for me. Doors have opened up for me that I never thought would even be there before.

Hopefully, I'll have time to go through the posts and read about you all, but I wanted to stop in first and say, "hi" and that I never forgot about you all and have often wondered how you were doing.

I hope we get to chat more soon.

Hey Tennis Chick! Yes, I remember you! I haven't talked to Christy in a long time, but I know she recently had a baby boy. Sounds like you are having lots of fun with the Tennis! Congratulations! I bet your kids are so much older now. My husband was doing a neonatology fellowship when you posted last and I was staying at home with our first daughter. Now he is about to finish his second year post training and we have two daughters!

Good to see you here!

Jennifer
    Needs

Comment

Hi...Welcome back! Christy hasn't really been around much anymore, but I'm sure she'd love to hear from you! Her dh is finished with his residency and the last we heard, she was pg with baby boy #3!!! You should definitely email her to say hi!!

There are many new faces here.....we have a really fun, neat group of people here....I hope you'll have the chance to meet the other members too!

It sounds like you have been doing a lot of really neat things over the last few years! Tennis and body building...wow!

My dh finished his ID fellowship and we've been out of training now for 4 years. It goes by fast, doesn't it!

Kris
      ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
      ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

Working...
      X