Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Summer Vacation Planning...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Summer Vacation Planning...

Alright...the thermometer doesn't say it yet,but summer is supposed to practically be right upon us....we are in the process of planning a summer vacation or...two. We've decided to definitely go back to the campground that we went to last year and hopefully...DISNEY! Nothing is set in stone yet, but Thomas made the official announcement to me last week that we ARE going and there are no ands/ifs or buts about it.

:= I might go to Disney := I might go to Disney!

Anyone else taking a fun trip this summer?

kris
    ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
    ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Disney is so cool! I love that place. My brother is doing an internship there through August.

We rented a little cottage in Hyannis Port, Cape Cod for a week. Last time I was there I was 17(Holy $*** - half my life ago!!!!) and I loved it. We'll be hitting the Boston aquarium, going whale-watching, and spending the requisite time at the beach. With SPF 50, of course. 8)

So, are you excited about going to Disney?

Comment

We are going to Holiday World, an amusement park in southern Indiana, and Six Flags (St. Louis) on our way to a family reunion (DH's immediate family) in Kansas City over Father's Day weekend, which is also my MIL's 60th birthday.

I had hoped for something a little different, involving a beach of some sort, but it just didn't work out. I really think we will have a lot of fun just being at "home" this summer, since we will be in a new location with LOTS more things to do close by. DH and I are trying to plan some kind of getaway for our 15th anniversary later in the summer, too. :---

Sally
      Wife of an OB/Gyn, mom to three boys, middle school choir teacher.

"I don't know when Dad will be home."

Comment

15 years -- congratulations, Sally! That does call for some time away -- and alone!!!!

Disney sounds like great fun.

No vacations planned yet but DH is on call a lot this summer so we will probably make a trip to Colorado and maybe to Madison to visit friends there. He has a conference at a resort-y area (ski area sort of place) so we might see if we can finagle someone's condo and stay there. I'm turning up the charm.

Comment

DH and I are taking a cruise leaving June 5th! There is a possible trip to Seattle later in June, though there are some issues with that trip (see marriage forum if you really wanna know...)
          Awake is the new sleep!

Comment

Summer what? What is that?

I honestly haven't been on a vacation since our honeymoon (6 years this month). Money has just been too tight during training. Every trip we've taken has been for some family thing (engagement party, wedding, etc.) and while that counts as travel, I REFUSE to count it as vacation! Hopefully this will be our last vacation-free summer, and we can start to experience the world!

Comment

I think I'm in Jenn's boat with the difference of it being, oh, about 9 years since we had a "vacation" of any sort....

sigh

Jennifer
              Who uses a machete to cut through red tape
              With fingernails that shine like justice
              And a voice that is dark like tinted glass

Comment

What's a vacation??? Don't vacations take time AND money? That is a luxury most of us don't have. :survivor: We just spent all of our "extra" money on fixing our washing machine, a/c in our car, (we live in the freakin hottest town in the country) and brakes on our car. BUT...I have BIG plans for one of these someday with dh and NO kiddos

Comment

We'll be going on an Alaskan cruise at the end of the month. Trying to pack in as much travel as we can before we start family planning.

Comment

Working...
                  X