Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Med School Acceptance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Med School Acceptance

We finally know where we'll be going! GW called last night and offered DF a spot!! So we're heading to DC Any advice about the DC area would be great.

Congratulations! DC will be an awesome place to live. There are a few DC'ers around here. I'm sure they'll be piping in soon.

Comment

Congratulations! I love DC, know nothing about living there (except that it's pricey).

Best of luck!

Comment

Congratulations! DH went to Georgetown for med school so that's where we lived, so that's really the only area that I know well (northwest). We rented the entire time we were there, couldn't afford to buy anything. While I love being back home in Michigan, there are times when I truly miss aspects of DC - great restaurants, lots of free and interesting activities (museums and monuments!). I think you're going to have a great time!
        ~Jane

-Wife of urology attending.
        -SAHM to three great kiddos (2 boys, 1 girl!)

Comment

CONGRATULATIONS! Let the journey begin.

D.C....Oh...me loves D.C. Unfortunately, God has a sense of humor and sent us to Minnesota. I'm sure that we will have an equally fantastic location for fellowship in Gnome, Alaska or the likes.

Kelly
          In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

Woohoo! That is great news! We are all excited for you. Thanks for sharing yur good news.

Comment

Congratulations! A fun location and you know where you will be for the next few years. Yeah!

Comment

Houses are very pricey in the DC area.

There is an IKEA in Woodbridge.

The Zoo and most National museums are free.

The cost of living is pretty high, but they have a subway system that I hear is pretty good.

Kelly, at least your hubby wont' get cold, what with all those underground walkways LOL.

Comment

There's also an IKEA in College Park, MD

All of the Smithsonian museums (including the zoo) are free.

The party neighborhoods are Adams Morgan, Dupont Circle, and the area around the MCI Center. A new addition is Barracks Row on 8th St., SE.

There are more lawyers, cabbies and spies in DC than any other city in the world. (true facts!)

August in DC sucks, as does March and November. Every other month is usually great.

There are tons of places to take classes, see exhibits, go dancing, go singing, see dancing and singing, concerts galore (DC is always a stop on any bands US tour)

The Chesapeake Bay is 1 hour away, the beach is 2 and a half hours away, the mountains are 4 hours away.

The best way to see the 'icons' is via the tourmobile. Sign up for the see everything tour and take your time and spend the day. Bring lunch.

Alexandria, VA and Annapolis MD are fun places to go to see historic neighborhoods.

There are lots of fantastic restaurants and several breweries.

Jenn

PS- can you tell I love my hometown and am starting to meltdown at the thought of having to leave (again) in another year?

Comment

Working...
                  X