Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Help!! What to give for internship graduation!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help!! What to give for internship graduation!!

Hey - my hubby has graduation tonight from internship, and I have NO idea what to get him!! I keep asking, and he just says that he got stuff for graduation last year and doesn't need anything else, but I have to get him something for making it through this psycho, hellish, over-the-top hours year (of course, I think I deserve a cruise for my participation in keeping our family unit intack and functioning through this whole thing!! , but that's beside the point... ).

Do any of you have any ideas or suggestions?? Thanks!!

Jen B.

I considered it a gift that I hadn't killed him during internship year. So, he got to live.

Jenn

Comment

Originally posted by jloreine
      I considered it a gift that I hadn't killed him during internship year. So, he got to live.

Jenn

I figured I'd already given my husband a child that year so he didn't need anything else.

(Seriously, we were so poor I couldn't afford to give him anything!)

Jennifer
      Who uses a machete to cut through red tape
      With fingernails that shine like justice
      And a voice that is dark like tinted glass

Comment

Originally posted by jloreine

Jenn
        Now that is a gift that lasts a lifetime! I was really sick when he finished so his last day came as a huge relief. The gift would have been....handing over the kid and letting him catch up on the week+ of things that had been completely neglected (he started a research fellowship after intern year).

Hmmm....I guess the real gift would have been paying for the residency interviews that followed.

Comment

It's actually comforting to know that I am not the only one who is pennyless at this point. I think I'm going to go for a card and maybe a few balloons from the kids. Now I won't feel quite so guilty not making a HUGE deal out of graduation.

Jen B.

Comment

I say buy yourself a nice book, earrings or necklace...Oh WAIT... you are talking about buying HIM a gift? :>

kris
            ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
            ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

Jen -- all kidding aside, it is a nice thing to have behind you. I think a card and balloons is a great idea!

Comment

Working...
              X